Chapter 18

Inferno POV

The conch horn blew meaning a monster attack. 

We ran outside, already geared up. 

Me and my fellow mutants charged, killing monsters left and right. 

Black metallic wings sprouted from my back, and I turned my skin into a metallic substance that was almost indestructible. 

i flew towards the sky and landed gracefully back on the ground. I slammed my fist on the ground, creating an earthquake that sent half the monsters flying. I summoned a sword and I slashed and hacked until all the monsters were destroyed. 

We then walked to the pavilion to eat lunch. 

Chiron then made an announcement. 

"We have a prophecy from the Oracle, and we shall have a quest!" He announced. 

I wanted no part in this quest. We were only supposed to help in the war, not go on some quest from the Oracle. 

"I believe Alex, Annabeth, and somebody else should go. I would recommend Inferno." He said. 

I frowned and shook my head. "I'm not going." I said. "We're only here to help with the war, not go on any quests. And I'm not going with him." I pointed to Alex. 

The demigods and Chiron looked like they wanted to protest, but I shut them up with a frown and a glare.  

They then ventured into some sort of cave. I walked back to our cabin after lunch, and all of us  walked back to our cabins.