-Chapter 10-

Techno's POV:

It can't be...

"I-I meant Dre...yeah Dre," George exclaimed, panic in his eyes, but it had already slipped out. I felt my eyes widening and I let go of George who seemed to be panicking, murmuring excuses.

It could be a different Dream...

"George...have you ever seen Dre...without the mask?" I murmured, my mind blurry from what I just heard.

"W-What? N-No...No I didn't. Why are you asking? Wanna feel better, knowing h-he DOESN"T TRUST HIS BEST FRIEND ENOUGH TO EVEN SHOW HIS FACE TO ME!" He shouted, a tear forming. The panic in his eyes left, replaced by anger, sadness and...was that hatred...jealousy?

I stepped backwards as he moved towards me.

"What is so special about you? Why would Dream, pretend to be someone else for you?"

"H-His n-name...is D-Dream?" I muttered, the world around me faded away, leaving only George and me in an endless void.

"YES! His name isn't Dre...Its DREAM! How blind are you?"

How dare this peasant insult me. I pushed him against the wall.

"How dare you talk to me like that."

"I couldn't care less that you are royalty, Technoblade..." Hatred formed in our eyes as we glared at each other. At first I thought he was a nice guy, what made him this way. I opened my mouth only for him to press a finger to my lips, shutting me.

"You like him...uh?"

"W-What? What makes you say that."

"I saw the way you looked at him. I heard the way you wanted to know if he was still in town. You like Dream...Well guess what...You can't have him. He wouldn't care about your status. He doesn't even know you."

-------------------------

Third Person POV:

"Dream, why do you hang out with me," Techno asked facing his friend. He turned towards him, eyes softening.

"Techno...I hang out with you cause you are my best friend. I love being around you, and I care about you. Others might want to be your friend because you're a prince. Well I don't...prince or peasant...to me you're Techno...The Techno who can't be replaced. The Techno, I never want to leave...my best friend."

The two stared at each other. A hope for a wonderful future together in both of their hearts. A fire that none could put out. A light that was brighter than all darkness. They would get through everything together.

Or so Techno thought...

-------------------------

The two boys stepped towards each others. Techno grabbing a dagger attached to his belt, ready to defend himself if attacked by the shorter.

"George...?"

Both turned seeing the blond, with the smiling mask. The hatred in both boys' eyes disappeared, replaced by joy and a hint of love that was unnoticed.

Dream looked at the brunette smiling, before turning towards Techno.

"Oh Techno...Didn't expect you here?"

If he was actually Dream...why was he pretending he wasn't?

He didn't realize he had been staring at the mask. He need to see under the mask...He needed to know. But he needed the blond's trust for that.

"Techno!"

"Oh...sorry zoned out," a smile grew on his face as the blond laughed, or more wheezed. "What did you say again?" He asked sheepishly, making Dre, no Dream grin and George glare.

"I asked if you wanted to come over for lunch," Techno smiled about to answer, before George placed himself in front of him.

"Dream! Techno is probably busy. I'm afraid he might not have time-"

"Sure! I'll go," Techno said, smirking at George, as the other glared.

"Great!" Dream exclaimed, oblivious he was causing a fight...