Chapter 1: Prisoner

A servant called from outside the room, claiming to come baring urgent news.

With a sullen sigh, the master climbed from the comfort of his bed, and, with a begrudging swing of the old door, came face to face with the messenger who had disturbed his afternoon leisure.

Standing with his dishevelled robe hanging half-open, arm resting lazily against the wall, he peered down at the man.

Two women were lounging on the bed at the other side of the room, just barely visible from where the messenger stood. Still, their beauty was clear to him. They quietly conversed with one another whilst patiently waiting for the youthful master to come back and tend to their needs. One even caught sight of the messenger at the door, winking at him before turning to the other with a giggle at the man's blush.

"Well, what is it?"

Master Yin was growing impatient, eager to return to the side of the two beauties that lay waiting only paces away.

Remembering that he had a job to do and a message to deliver, the messenger realised that it was most certainly a bad time to ogle at pretty ladies. Especially when those very women were accompanying the young sect master.

He quickly discarded the thoughts from his head and returned his attention to Master Yin. "Your guest has arrived, my Lord."

"Very well, I will be there in a moment," dismissing the messenger, Master Yin turned back to the women that occupied his bed and smiled sincerely as he delivered the ill news of his departure, "Sorry my ladies, you will have to excuse me. Duty calls."

***

As the carriage pulled up outside of the gates, it was greeted by a handful of enthusiastic servants as their master casually made his way down the steps towards the entrance of his great home.

A good host must always greet their guest upon arrival, as his father had always taught him. To him, however, the greatest shame would not have been to ignore his guest but rather to have left such beautiful women before having any proper fun. However, he knew it would only hurt his reputation had he sent his mother in his stead.

When the quiet rumble of carriage wheels came to a soft halt, Master Yin was there to watch as his guest emerged from within. It was one of his finest carriages, one he was reluctant to part with, but his mother had insisted he send it to pick their guest up. The young master simply hoped the prince had enjoyed the ride.

Fine white robes, adorned with golden rivers that swam delicately through the expensive silk, emerged as the prince softly took the hand of a servant to step down, pressing his feet to the ground. Laces of ebony ink flowed down his back; half tied in a topknot that sat at the centre of a golden crown. Towards the front a few strands hung loose, blowing oh so slightly in the wind as he glanced at his surroundings.

There was already mumbling between servants as the prince approached Master Yin, accompanied by the Qingyi soldiers who had seen him safely into their Kingdom. Talk of how he was more handsome in person bubbling amongst both servants and guards alike.

Everyone was awestruck, captivated by his every move as he walked by with such posture, such power. He was unlike their youthful master in almost every way. He seemed so proper and elegant, a man of class. The one thing they did have in common was their looks, the prince was certainly just as handsome as Master Yin, if not more so.

"I have heard many things about the Magnolia Prince of Shiyanyi, but I must say, you surpass even my expectations. Welcome to our home, I hope your stay here will be a comfortable one." Master Yin bowed his head politely, greeting the prince with a modest smile.