026.

SMILE!
Maisie's Point of View.
- October 09, 2020 -
*:‧₊˚

"Hey." I felt a hand on me as I woke up. "Hm?" I looked around in confusion. "We're back." Nick whispered.

Realizing that everything that happened in the last two hours was not a dream, I took a deep breath and slowly nodded my head before I got out of the car. My ankle slightly felt better as I stepped out, but it still felt a bit funky.

"Are you good?" He came around the car to help me.
"I feel a little better." I nodded. "Don't worry." I insisted I could walk without help. "I got this....I think."

I walked in my socks back up to my porch as I felt him close behind me, assuming he was making sure i could manage. As we made it to the front step, he quickly got in front of me to unlock the door, before helping me inside to reveal the bottom floor of the house nicely decorated with birthday decorations.

"Maisie!" George got up from the living room couch. "Are you okay?" Him and Dream came up to me with concerned looks as I slightly smiled and nodded. "Yeah, I'm alright." It was only a slight lie.

I looked around my house to see balloons extended around, along with streamers, confetti, and banners.

"Uhm... Alright I'm gonna... quickly freshen up... and I'll get back to you guys." I softly smiled.

"Of course." Dream nodded, giving my space.

I slightly limped toward the staircase, attempting to walk up before miserably giving up, knowing I can't put that much pressure.

"Come here." Nick walked up to me. "Get on." He laughed before he bent down.

"I'm not gonna-"
"It's not up for debate, get on my back."
"Fine." I gave in before I hopped onto his back as he gripped onto the bottom of my thighs, beginning to walk upstairs as he gave me a piggy back ride.

"This is so dumb." I laughed into the crook of his neck. "You had to get up somehow." He made an argument.

We finally got to the second floor before he set me down by my door, laughing it off and letting me be as he went back downstairs.

I sighed and let out a deep breath before walking into my room, heading straight for my bathroom and taking an immediate shower.

Once I was done showering, my hands still stung from the slight cuts and scuffs as I rummaged around my drawers and cabinets trying to find bandages and all I ended up finding were wrapping bandages, which will have to do. They worked perfectly anyways.

I sat on the ledge of my bathtub and felt my ankle, seeing where it hurt the most, but luckily it was feeling better, to keep it in place so I don't move it much, I wrapped it with the bandages. Luckily, my aunt was a nurse so I had little knowledge about medical things.

When I finished tending to my minor injuries, I got dressed into biker shorts and a big tee shirt, putting on socks. I grabbed my hairbrush before I left my room and began attempting to walk back downstairs, as I brushed my hair.

I slowly did it, but in the end I got down in no time.

"Put it back in the box you idiot-" Nick said in a hushed whisper. "Maisie is gonna come down any minute and you're playing around with- OH HI MAISIE!" Dream looked up immediately.

"Hey..." I said as I brushed my hair while they were standing suspiciously as hell when I heard a cry.

"Was that Sapling?-" I looked over to the couch to see my cat sleeping.

"No-" Dream sniffled. "That was me:" He fake cried.

"Ugh, okay look." George spoke up. "We got you a gift! All of us!" He referred to the three of them. "Sapnap's idea." Dream interrupted and pointed.

"Yeah whatever, but we have a box... for you-" George moved out of the way to reveal a big box.

"....You guys got me a box that's printed as my minecraft skin." I laughed, examining the box from afar. "That's cute." I smiled.

"There's something inside..." Nick explained. "Come check it out." He sneakily grinned as I limped toward them and sat down in the tall chair in front of the countertop the box sat. "I'm scared." I hesitantly looked at it.

"Maisie, just open it!" George laughed.

Taking a deep breath and slowly bringing my hands to the box, I lifted the lid and my eyes immediately widened to see the cutest wiener puppy I've ever seen, jump up.

"OH MY GOD??" I whispered yelled. "No, shut up." I froze in shock. "Stop it." I picked up the puppy from inside.

"Nooo" I covered my mouth, nearly crying as I looked at the animal. "Why?" I questioned. "Is this actually mine?"

"Yea." Dream nodded. "We've been busy adopting him for you!" He explained.

"I've had such a shit day." I frowned. "No fucking way." I cried and hugged the dog. "Oh my god, and he's my favorite breed!" I held him up to face me.

"Does he have a name?" I looked at them and asked.

"That's for you to decide." Nick smiled.

"Oh, and that's not the only thing!" George stood up and walked towards the fridge .

"What?-" I glimpsed up as tears of happiness streamed down my face, looking over to see George pull a cake out from the fridge as my jaw dropped.

"....Did you guys make this-" I whispered and looked down at the nicely decorated cake being placed in front of me
"No, we ordered it." Dream laughed as he grabbed plates from the cabinets.

"happy birthday maze!" The phrase was written in pink frosting. "from gowg, clayson, and dick." I laughed at the tiny writing.

"We didn't have time to get candles but Happy Birthday!" George said cheerfully as I took a deep breath and sighed, looking at the three of them with a smile.

I quickly stood up and set my new dog down, watching him run around before opening my arms up

"Come here. All three of you." I laughed, wanting to bring them in for a hug. "I love all three of you, this is perfect, thank you for everything." I mumbled.

"You made this day, not so bad." I said under my breath as they all laughed into our embrace.

authors note
idk, i had to do something good in maisies life.. lol

update: dec 28, 2023
girl, "HAD TO" Ur a bitch. LMDOAOAA