Chapter 8: Delphi's Diner

The restaurant was just a few buildings down on the right side of the street

The restaurant was just a few buildings down on the right side of the street. It was a beautiful, three story jade green house with flower and vine designs spiraling and encircling the balcony overhanging the porch. The third floor had a smaller balcony where the banner, "Delphi's Diner," hung from. Multi-colored shingles were embedded into the roof, making the house stand out from the other buildings on the street.

"I remember this place," breathed Tishva while gazing at the front in admiration. "It's really cute, like a dollhouse."

"Yes, and it's also one of the oldest homes here," Yosef said proudly. "Just wait until you see the inside, the Delphi family renovated it four years ago and turned the entire downstairs portion into a diner. They live in the second and third story levels."

As they all walked up the front steps, Soraya's father added, "I keep forgetting that some things have changed during my seven year hiatus. I don't recall the Delphi's owning this property. I just thought they had an entirely new restaurant built here in town, not that they refurbished this place for that purpose."

The doctor nodded. "You're right, they didn't own this seven years ago, the Creeds family did," Dr. Athan stopped and shook off the snow from his black boots. A navy blue mat lay before the entrance that he stomped on to get the last pieces off.

"After you," Yosef said while holding the door open.

"Thank you, brother," Tishva said while summoning his daughter to enter first.

The large, rectangular room had booths and dark blue cushioned seats set up alongside walls decorated with painted pictures by local artists. Wooden barrels covered in blue and white checkered cloths were spread out across the middle to accommodate for more customers.

Even though it had barely turned noon, there were already several families seated and enjoying their meals together.

"Table for three?" a tall, slender woman asked as she approached them while carrying a menu in her hands. She had skin that was dark, like the trunk of a willaby tree, long, light pink hair, and icy, bright blue eyes.