Chapter 2: Decisions

Waking up in the morning is becoming dreadful, but yet a little part of me loves it. It feels good to wake up and do something with my life other then sitting at a computer all day. Usually when I got done with my home school work I'd just watch TV, eat, sing, or take pictures until my dad got home with something for me to do. In regular school most of my time is spent actually at school or doing work outside of school. Call me crazy, but I love it.

It's the third day of school and I can tell people are already prepared for the winter break that we'll be having in December. Ms. Brandon even went through desperate measures to count how many Friday's we have until Christmas break, and according to her it's sixteen. It doesn't sound that bad but when you look at a calendar it seems a life time away.

I walked into my third block class right on time for the bell. I took my seat and went through my binder getting my syllabus out that I know Ms. Holts will soon collect. These things are probably the easiest grades you can get, and yet students already aren't turning them in. It's quite imprudent if you ask me.

"Hello guys," Ms. Holts stood from her desk to stand in front of the class, "If you have your syllabus I want you to pass them to the front," After she spoke a few papers came my way from the back. I looked at the last syllabus and saw Damien's name on it, I didn't even realize he sits in my row. I just hope she doesn't make us do a project and we have to group with our row. Being that all boys sit behind me, it's literally death row.

Ms. Holts collected everyone's papers and got herself situated before she started class. I pulled my phone out, of course to see not a single text from anyone. I really need to start socializing so that I can have some kind of excitement in my life. Having no one to talk to is getting old and I need to do something, like yesterday.

"Okay, so today I thought we could do something fun... We should debate," Ms. Holts smiled looking for some kind of enthusiasm from the students. To my surprise most of the people in the class were pumped to be debating. If it's one thing people love, it's putting their opinions out there for others to argue against.

"So what are we debating about?" Someone called out as if she wasn't about to get to the topic. I really wish these kids would hold on just a few seconds longer to let her get her thoughts out before they jump down her throat with questions.

"We should debate about how many dudes a girl should sleep wit' at a certain age," Damien threw in a suggestion. I've never rolled my eyes as hard as I rolled them the minute he opened his mouth. He just sounds so amateurish when he talks; I'm highly convinced that he doesn't think before he speaks and that's something I take very seriously.

My father has always taught me that, what you think won't always sound the same when you let it come out of your mouth. Just because it sounds good to you doesn't mean it'll sound good to others. It's just something to think about when you're in a position like my father.

"Damien, could you please let the teacher speak?" The girl sitting next to him asked getting frustrated with the rest of us. I've noticed that the girl always had a crew with her, whether it was in this class or in the hallways. It seems like she's the it girl of the school. I won't lie, she's gorgeous, but she always has her nose in the air like she's too good to talk to some people. But I can't really judge someone after seeing them for a few days.

"Thank you," Ms. Holts sighed when the class got quiet and gave her the attention she's been wanting. "Now you guys are juniors so hopefully you all can be mature when it comes to specific topics. I wanna debate about one of the most controversial topics known today, and yes it ties along with Sex Ed," She finished her speech and clicked a button on her remote that goes to the Promethean board.