The Life Of A Orphan

A/N : So there are going to be countless grammar mistakes and run on sentences... I wrote this when I was twelve years old so please no hate. I know the plot isn't well devolved haha :)

Chapter One

"Stupid crackers!" I screamed as I threw my Goldfish crackers at the ground.

Several students turned around to look at me with scared looks in their faces. The librarian shushed me loudly while profusely glaring.

"What are you looking at?" I yelled fuming.

The librarian winced once again and spoke in a hushed voice. "One more time and I'll kick your tushi out of here!"

Jeez, someone needs to take the stick out of her butt!

I was sitting in the library corner of Elmville high. I had just finished my lunch and was trying to open my crackers. Goldfish was definitely my ultimate favorite snack, the crackers were so good. I hadn't realized I said it out loud until someone replied.

"So true." A voice said.

I reconized that voice and scowled. "Go away Chris!" I snapped with clenched teeth.

I flipped around so that my back was to him and focused on my crackers. I made a feeble attempt of ripping it open. I thought about standing up to go get scissors, then reconsidered.

I tried ripping open the plastic wrapper with my teeth. Gosh. This is hard..Which evil person would put so much plastic on a dang cracker wrapper?

Suddenly, a hand snatched the crackers out of my hand.

I flipped around to see Chris holding my crackers with angelic smile. His baby blue eyes twinkled as he smiled his perfect white smile. Somebody, grab me sunglasses! I knew this boy was good looking I just never really found the attraction to him. But he did have nice blond hair...and that .. Snap out of it!

Chris had a tall athletic build. Today he was wearing a Boston Celtics T-shirt. He knew I loved the basketball team Celtics. He loved the Lakers but I had bought that shirt for a trick on his Birthday. We would always watch the games together and cheer on for our team.

I bet he wore that shirt just to suck up so I would forgive him. Hmph. I turned around and looked down so I couldn't see his face.

"Go Away." I repeated in a cold voice.

Chris was my best friend since preschool. This was the story, I was an orphan with no mother or father and the kids at preschool had teased me about it but Chris stepped up and defended me.

I lived in a home that contained Samantha who was a Caretaker/Mother. She took care of me and 5 other children. She took care of children who had no families, she adopted us all. We were the last ones left at the orphanage that was about to shut down and no other orphanage could take us in ( they were all burting full) so she decided to take us all.

Our house was fairly small, no one was picky as long as we had a roof over our heads and food we were good. Samantha was a nice woman, she somehow managed to stay happy all the time. Well, most of the time..

She loved cleaning and cooking for some strange reason. Another thing she loved were children. She treated us like we were her real ones.

Scolding me when I got into trouble with Chris( Which me and Chris had got into... A lot ) gave me lectures on time and all that stuff....Now that I've grown all she did was nod and say hi because she she had to take care of the younger ones.

Now your wondering where Sam gets the money from, she's not exactly rich but she isn't too poor either. She earned quite a lot of money from selling the orphanage and she used to be a nurse, but quit to take care of us.