十三 | 𝟏𝟑𝐓𝐇 𝐅𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑

[𝐕𝐨𝐥𝐮𝐦𝐞 𝟐] - 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

─────

❝𝑰𝒕'𝒔 𝒂𝒘𝒇𝒖𝒍❞

· ✦────✧◦ 儚き願い ◦✧────✦ ·

𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑻𝑼𝑹𝑵𝑬𝑫 𝑻𝑶 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑺𝑰𝑫𝑬, watching as Tohru fidgets with one of her pencils to calm herself about the upcoming tests. You noticed that she was wearing a different colored ribbon today. It was a soft shade of blue that had bits of lace on its edges. Did she just buy that? You wondered, leaning the weight of your chin against your palm. Did she get tutored by Yuki often? You heard that she was getting better scores this year. You could feel your heart wince slightly in jealousy, but you dismissed it. Having Yuki tutor you felt more like a selfish desire if you didn't actually need it.

You knew that you were better off leaving your own personal desires behind.

You yawned into your hand, feeling small droplets of tears forming at the corner of your eyes. You watched as Yuki tapped the tip of his pencil against his paper, resting his head on his hand. He was extremely hardworking. You made a small smile, he really is cool, you thought. He smiles so often that it made you ask yourself if he ever got tired of it. You sighed underneath your breath, tilting your head up to stare at the ceiling.

You almost forgot that you had to do your rounds around school today. As you were packing up your belongings, Yuki came to your side, his smile lighting up the room. You suppose that he wanted to walk with you around the school. Usually, when it came to duties, you would split up but he changed his mind this time.

"You look better today (L/n)-san," he comments, your face turning away from him as you shoved your belongings into your bag. "We should walk around the school together for our duties, President Takei said that he would meet us halfway."

"I see. . . Where would you like to go first?" You asked, walking with him to the door.

"We could try the first couple of floors together and then make our way up to meet up with him," He replied, smiling with his familiar grey eyes shining brightly.

You pressed your lips together, "Sure."

Yuki noticed the small pout on your lips during class but decided not to comment on it, finding the situation strange to explain if he were to talk about it. You were looking much calmer on the outside today, but he thought that you might have a whirlwind of thoughts by the way you continuously wrote in your notebook. He wondered if what he said yesterday was affecting your mood.

"Are you bothered by our conversation yesterday?" he asks, "You just seemed a lot more distant today."

You halted your steps. The two of you stood in the hallway as you stared at the ground in surprise, your shoulders tensing up. "Not really," you said, "maybe I'm just feeling a bit fatigued after all the studying."

He gave you a closed-eye smile, sighing in relief, "You should try to get more sleep. It would be a disaster if you ended up falling asleep in class," he joked. You gave him a small smile, chuckling from behind your hand.

"It would be terrible indeed."

The two of you continued to walk through the halls, noting down all the different changes that had occurred. You dolefully stared at each of the classrooms and halls, silently completing your duties as Yuki silently watched you.

You were boring.

You frowned in response to your own comments before glancing up at Yuki. With his beautiful eyes and soft hair. . . Those fluttering long eyelashes. . . It was hard to deny that you were envious of his appearance and personality. You constantly compared yourself to him, the thought making you feel worse by the second. You grit your teeth, the action going unnoticed by Yuki as you both walked up the flight of stairs.