FIFTEEN

Lisa's POV

As the pain slowly seeped in, I looked down to see the arrow sticking from my body. The sharp pain caused me to cease my breath, afraid that the airflow would bring even more pain. I fell to the floor. 

I heard her scream, her voice breaking.

"LILI!!"

She caught me in her arms. Tears immediately started brimming her eyes. I looked into her eyes, there were the pain, panic, and fear. 

I gulped, my eyes started getting wet and my throat started getting sore. Then the tears fell out uncontrollably.

She pursed her lips, and the tears started dropping as well. Her eyes were blurred by the tears, I had trouble seeing through them like before. 

She brought her hand up and quickly brushed aside my hair that was covering my face and wiped away my tears, at the same time slightly shaking her head.

"I'm so sorry, Lili, I shouldn't have came back" she choked out.

"I should've stayed away, I should've distanced myself more, I should've never came to this village. This is all my fault" she cried out.

But you kept your promise, I know you would. 

I looked into her eyes, hoping to find the answer that would comfort me that everything will be alright. But when all I saw was pain, I clutched onto her arm.

"I-I'm scared, Nini" I told her, and she held me tighter.

"I-I'm so scared" I said quietly, being scared of my own voice. I gripped onto her tighter and she did the same with her arms around me.

"Am I going to die?" I asked quivering, fear enveloped me afraid to hear the answer.

After I said that, Jennie started crying out even more tears that wouldn't seem possible.

She gulped, "you're gonna be okay, alright?" she choked out, with a forced smile.

"You're going to be okay" she said again. But I think she was trying to convince the both of us.

"I-I don't know, Nini, I have a feeling, I-"

"I promise."

I gripped onto her arm with the remaining strength that I have, "you promise?" I asked her, I can feel my face scrunching up from the pain and struggle my body is going through. My eyes completely hazy from all the tears.

She held me closer to her, and gently wiped away my tears clearing me of the blur I'm seeing.

She had a smile on her face, but it was so sad.

But for the first time in this short period of time in her eyes, I felt comfort when looking into them.

I feel myself fading away, my eyes are getting heavy.

"I'm sorry, Lili, I'm so sorry" she whispered.

I start to see less and less of her face, darkness enveloping my vision. My body felt weak, all the strength inside me had slipped out. I struggled to hold onto the control of my body, but with no energy I was helpless. I tried my best to hold onto my grip on her, but I failed.

"Lili,"

Yes..?

"Lili!"