Chapter 19

Chapter 19 - Memories

Sat- 26. September 1977

While we walked, or rather danced back to the castle, the game flashed before my eyes again in a blurr: The weather was perfect for a match, it wasn't raining and not too cold either, and when Madame Hootch started the game, we all did what James told us to do. Ash was flying high over the field, watching out for the snitch, not catching it, but rather making sure that the small Hufflepuff guy wouln't see it first.

Aya, James and I gave our best. We were being an amazing team, almost reading each others minds and knowing when to throw the Quaffle to whom, doing most of the tricks and routines that we learned in training. This was leading to us making 60 points after only ten minutes, while Gideon protected his goal well, only letting one Quaffle in.

After another ten minutes and 40 points, James gave Ash the sign to actually catch the snitch and that was when it got really scary for a second: the seeker of Hufflepuff saw the snitch as well, and both started chacing after it, both reaching out for the snitch at the same time and only a well-placed blutcher from Sirius into the stomach of the Hufflepuff-seeker made it possible for us to win with 250 - 10.

„GRYFFINDOR; GRYFFINDOR!", was the one word that echoed over the grounds of Hogwarts, because all Gryffindors were drunken with joy and not even the ,booh'-ing Slytherins and Hufflepuffs could ruin the blast we had when we made our way to the Gryffindor common room.

Mon - 12. October 1977

It was a full moon again. We all feared this one more than any other, because we knew that dark creatures were lurking in the forrest, now that Voldemord was getting more and more powerful, and most of the bad creatures fed from fear and murder.

„You guys don't have to come with me this time.", Remus said, sitting on his bed with his head in his hands. His eyes had big rings uner them because he was being haunted by nightmares about him killing innocent people, and his face was unusually pale, resembling the fear we all felt.

Aya, Sirius, Peter, James, Remus and I were all in the dorm of the guys, discussing what to do about the full moon tonight. Sirius and James insisted that Remus should not go alone, and Peter and I were agreeing, but we said that we could maybe all stay in the castle, using a by charms protected room. Remus was totally against that, telling us that he would rather die than to hurt any student.

„Moony, why are we even having a discussion about this? We are in this together, and we can fight any dark creature, that will just be like practice for us.", Sirius said maybe the sixth time now, he was smirking and driving his hand through his messy, long hair. James nodded and then walked over to Remus, kneeling down in front of him to look into his eyes.

„We are here for you, Moony. We are your best friends wand we will always be there for you, if you want that or not. Even though I was standing behind Remus, I just knew that he was rolling his eyes right now, knowing that he didn't have a chance against Sirius and James' stubborn opinion. I smiled at Aya, but she didn't smile back. She looked almost as bad as Remus, her makeup was smudged and her hair was a mess. It was horrible enough for us to go out there, but it was even worse for her to stay here, not being able to help at all.

„Last time you ended up in the hospital wing, happy to be alive. So please guys, be careful!", she then said and pulled me into a tight hug.

„I will watch out for the guys.", I said jokingly and we all laughed hysterically about my lame joke. Our nerves were all on the edge when we left the dorm and when Aya said good night to us in the common room. She would obviously not be able to sleep at all until we came back.