Loss & Gain?

Life is not what you expect, as a child, you dream of your Prince Charming and imagine marrying him and live happily ever after but it never happens.

I married my grandparents help. Who I learned was my childhood friend and he became my children's father. Three months have passed since my babies birth and my both my grandparents passed away. They went together holding hands. Doctors said that one died as a result and the other just simply died in the sleep. Many attended their funerals and for the first since we signed our marriage away I saw Stephen.

At the funeral I got to speak. "Hello everyone, as most of you know I am the youngest grandchild of Peter and Amelia. They were my parents, they prepared me for life without them. As you know I married and for many reasons it didn't work out but both momma and poppa taught me how to strong. They lived a life were they parented two lots of children, my mother, and then us Ara and I. Ara and I were the worst but never did they hit us. With the way the brought us up we grow to love each others flaws. I can speak for both of us and say they were the best parents ever. And we are glad we didn't have to share. Thank you for being with me with your great grandchildren. So momma, poppa go have fun, while your up there say hello to mum and dad for us. We love you to as far as the milky way and back."

As the funeral finished and people started leaving I take my babies to see their grandparents. Mum and dad were buried by each other just like momma and poppa. With both babies asleep I sit next on the grass as face the gravestones. In my head I talk to them. Hey mum and dad how are you? I've got two little people to show you. Ma, pa your now grandparents. Here's Enrique Alexander and Christelle Mahalia. Yes they both have your names. It wasn't my decisions. Anyway if your wondering about the father don't worry they hold their fathers family name. Ricky is very quiet but is going to be a hard worker. And Chrissy help me out as she gets older, shes going to be a gorgeous stubborn heartbreaker. Chrissy is much like her father but the stubborn runs our side of the family. Thats probably why we your son in law and I didn't make it. But oh well. Yes I am happy, but I do miss you. You know what Ara and I are 21 next year. Well I got tto get back home before these want their next feed. Love mum and dad. I miss you.

"Hey Athena, did you say that the girl takes after her father?" I turn and my ex-husband standing there. Realising I said it all out loud. "Yes the father happens to be someone I cared about. But you wouldn't know what that's like." Looking at my babies holding back the tears. I begin to move when he asks. "Who is the dad?" Oh crap I have to tell him. "Congrads Mr Shirley, your the father." My eyes stay on the babies.

Stephen

I'm a dad! My babies. Ricky and Chrissy. I. Can't. Believe. It. My Athena completed my family. Mother was right all this time. "Aren't they Reece's?" I had to ask. I had to find out. "I only went out with him to make you jealous but that didn't work. Your the only guy I've been with." She doesn't lie. I knew it my life is nearly complete now I need my love back.