Afire Love

*Selena's POV*

   The best happiness, I think, is when it's unexpected. That feeling of complete serendipity that you get when you finally get something that you had no clue you even wanted. I guess in a way I did know, about my feelings for Demi, I mean. But as we lay on my bed, my head against the headboard behind me, I realized that I didn't expect the complete happiness that I felt all because of her. I didn't think that I'd be so content simply having Demi laying between my legs, her back against my chest as we held each other in the most innocent of ways.

   We'd been in this position for at least half an hour now. After I practically begged her to give me a try she simply got up from the floor. I was confused at first. I thought she was leaving. Just when I was about to backtrack, she turned and sat down on my bed with her arms held open.

   'Does this mean yes?' I asked as I sauntered over to her, walking right in between her arms.

   'This means slowly, but surely,' she signed before pulling me into her.

   That was all I needed. I just wanted to know that she was willing to try. So I laid with her.

   'What are you thinking?' I wrote on the mini whiteboard that I had sitting on my bedside counter. I invested in one just shortly after I realized that I spent more time with Demi than I did alone. I placed it on her lap, bringing her focus away from the lines she was tracing on my knee.

    'I'm missing UFC to be here.'

   I gasped and hit her shoulder after I read her response. She had been looking as if she were in deep thought since we decided to lay down. Leave it to Demi to allude you into thinking she was pondering how she could change the world when she was actually thinking of UFC.

   I felt her shake with laughter as she took the board from my hands. I still couldn't wait to hear it for once. I do know that it felt good though, her laughter. She felt good.

   'I'm kidding asshole. Don't start hitting me now. I'm not about to be in an abusive relationship,' I watched Demi write over her shoulder with a grin on my face. She had entertained the idea of a relationship.

   She erased what she had written and placed the board to the right of us.

   Demi turned around and sat criss crossed in front of me.

   'I was really thinking about this. You don't know how long I've wanted this, Selena. Whatever this is,' she signed. My heart swelled at her words. When did I become equivalent to a narrator of a romance novel?

   'So tell me, then. I know you've had feelings for me for a while, but since when exactly?'

   'I can't tell you when. I don't know myself. I just know that there were sure signs, and at some point I couldn't force myself to ignore them any more.'

  I felt myself falling harder at the way her brown eyes held so much passion as she began signing about her feelings. That's what Demi was. She was passion.

   'The rumors at school didn't seem to bother me, but instead they f-l-a-t-t-e-r-e-d me. If that wasn't enough, maybe I figured out about my feelings when I felt nothing but envy when I hung out with you and J-u-s-t-i-n.'

   I was shocked at the last bit, but I can't say that I didn't notice. You don't particularly stare daggers into people you like, and that's basically what Demi had done that entire day. When I went to make a joke about it, she silenced me with an embarrassed smile.