Chapter 6: Group B; Bang Boom Crash?

"Okay boys and girls! We're back with the first stage of the Legend Festival! Let's get on with Group B's battle royale! We've got Valt Aoi, Hyuga Asahi, Rantaro Kiyama, Y/n L/n, Free de la Hoya, and Aiga Akaba! A six-man royale!"

"-Ahem..." Y/n coughed.

"Uhh...six-person royale! Who will rise and be the winner!?"

Y/n sighed at the 'man' thing, while Valt chuckled a little. Hyuga was hyping himself up. "I'm hype, hype, hype!"

The bombers were all cheering for Honcho and Hyuga, and Y/n couldn't help but feel a twinge of nostalgia from her times with the Victories.

"Battle royale!" The ref sounded, and everyone took out their launchers. "This is the best!" Hyuga cheekily grinned. "I'm fighting the best of the best!"

"Come at us with all you've got!" Valt encouraged.

"Who would've thought we'd ever have a battle royale together!? This is awesome!" Honcho popped another lollipop in his mouth. "You're all going down!"

Free took out his bey. "I'm taking this battle." Looking over at Y/n, who was next to him, he nodded to motion something. Y/n caught it, and took out her bey to look at it too.

"Oh Free, you probably think you have the advantage, since we all use clockwise spinning beys here." Aiga pointed out.

"Oh? Is Fafnir the only one with counterclockwise spin?" Hyuga asked.

"It won't matter, because I came prepared. Infinite shield!" He attached the shield to the bey and showed it off.

"Well, Valtryek is going to pierce through that shield!" Valt predicted. Hyuga looked a little scared, but Y/n winked at him to tell him that it was ok.

"Honestly, I think Hyperion might just be a little hidden gem here, so I'm going to watch out." She smiled. Hyuga felt pride bloom in his chest, and he jumped up and down. "You think so?"

"Yeah!"

"Alrighty then, looks like everyone's ready to get going!" Hanami's voice echoed through the stadium.

"Ready, set!"

"3!"

"2!"

"1!"

"Let it...rip!"

All of the beys were shot into the stadium, and they all were circling around.

(Underlined is Hanami's announcer voice.)

"Super Hyperion heads straight for Achilles!"

Calypso went straight beside Fafnir, clashing together two times before moving away. Fafnir's speed boosted, and he passed by Calypso easily. Hyperion was bounced back by Achilles, and circled around once more.

"Infinite shield brushes him off! And now Valtryek is on Achilles tail!"

They clash together, neither of them budging, while Fafnir and Roktavor are fighting in the middle. Calypso accelerates in the outer craters.

"I wonder what Y/n is doing..." Dante frowned. "Calypso is an attack type, but she's hardly attacked at all."

Fafnir sent Roktavor back due to his speed boost from Calypso, and Achilles took the center. Y/n processed all this information in her head.

All of the beys cascaded towards the middle, heading straight for Achilles. They all called their bey spirits.

"Achilles! Infinite guard!"

"Collision!"

An explosion racked the stadium, but everyone saw that Fafnir missed Achilles by a slight bit, sending Calypso and Hyperion back into the wall, which meant that all of the other beys except for those two were quickly running out of stamina.

"Y/n! Take it!" Free told her. Y/n gave a thumbs up, while all beys but Hyperion and Calypso ran out of stamina.

"So that was their plan all along! Y/n and Free were together in this from the start..." Valt noted. "They clashed together in the start to give Fafnir the boost needed to send Roktavor flying, and have enough energy to make Calypso evade the attack. They would've won if Hyperion wasn't that close, but..."

"Calypso! Constellation slingshot!" Calypso crashed into the wall, boosting her around the stadium at great speeds. Hyperion started accelerating in the crater, and went to meet each other in the middle. "C'mon, Hyperion!" Hyuga yelled.

"Let's go Calypso!" Y/n's spirit came in a flurry of f/c, and the two beys smashed into each other.

Y/n saw that she was going to lose if she kept going like this, because the boost from the crater caused Hyperion to accelerate more. She had only one choice.

"I guess I'll settle for a tie then..." she said. "Calypso, Supernova explosion!"

Calypso triggered a mechanism that pushed its top to Hyperion's, making both of their beys simultaneously burst.

"Both Calypso and Hyperion were burst from the impact! It results in a tie, bringing both Calypso and Hyperion to one point!"

"Huh?" Hyuga questioned, but the battle was already over. "What-?"

"Good job, Hyuga!" Y/n patted Hyuga's shoulder. "You really were a challenge."

"Did I really..."

"Yup."

"Woah!" He cheered. "That's so cool! We went like bam, boom crash!"

"Bam boom....crash?"

"Yeah!" Hyuga tackled Y/n, hugging her as she almost lost balance. "Bang boom bam crash!"

"Ok then..." Y/n giggled. "You do you."

"You got us, Free." Valt said.

"Looks like it."

"You got a point, Hyuga!" Honcho told Hyuga.

"We won! We won! We won! Zoom zoom zoom!" Hyuga was still hugging Y/n tight.

"H-Hyuga...I can't breathe..."

"Zoom zoom zoom!"

~~~

Me and two of my friends were fighting over who's better, Zac the Sunrise or Lui Shirosagi. I complained that BOTH of them were good, but the two of them kept taking their sides of, "ZAC'S HOTTER!" and "LUI'S COOLER" whatever. Sooooo I'm asking for your opinion. Take your sides everyone, only I'm allowed to like both of them. :P

~Starru