Halloween Night (Chapter Two)

Start from the beginning

Roy bopped his eyebrows, vaguely impressed. "Efficient."

Jason nodded. "But He's the only one trick-or-treating that much, so I don't think we'll get a lot of candy..."

Jason was drastically wrong.

Dick was determined to get more candy than he knew what to do with. He sprinted carefully from door to door or the rich neighborhoods, giving puppy eyes to the homeowners.

"That's not even your real voice!" Jason exclaimed, jogging a little to keep up with his brother.

"No, but it's cuter." Dick justified. "Adults love it!" He grinned, pulling Jason's backpack down. "I gotta empty it so they think I just started. They'll give me more!"

Jason thoughtfully unzipped that backpack for him. "In only twenty minutes?" He asked, Dick was never this efficient before. "Hand-outs must be good this year."

Dick shook his head. "I have a technique."

"A technique?" Roy asked.

Dick nodded exaduratedly. "You gotta be cute! and energetic and polite, and say please and thank you, and compliment them, and they'll give you SO much!"

"If one kid got this much in twenty minutes..."

Jason and Roy looked across at each other, equal mischievous grins spreading across their faces.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian had mixed feelings on Halloween, ignoring all the capitalist who thrived off the occasion, it was night to have everyone going out. He had the cave all to himself. The obvious downside to this was that practically everyone in the city was out tonight at parties, which made patrol practically impossible.

He'd lit a few candles, just for the ambiance, and was working diligently behind the batcomputer, breaking every hour or so to glance over his course work for the semester.

Tim had left a headband with cartoon devil horns on the desk for him. Damian had immediately removed these from his eyesight.

Right now Damian had about a billionwindows open, monitering cameras around downtown Gotham.

He opened yet another window to check his schedule, curious about which day his assignment was due. In a blink, the screen went black. The faint lights overhead snapped off. Damian sat there blankly, lit only by the light of his candles. 

Shit. He must have maxed the cave's power grid while working. Anxious to make sure that the documents he had open had auto-saved, Damian sprang up, grabbing a candle for light. He hoped his father had payed the Manor's electric bill. He would leach off the Manor's power for a bit.

The batcomputer required so many Watts, than it might mess with the manor's electricity for a bit. Luckily, no one else was home, so it wouldn't matter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Honestly... Meh." Bart admitted, splayed across the couch. "Some of it was creepy, but the effects were so cheap that I wasn't even scared."

"Well, Paranormal activity two. You failed to scare even Bart Allen." Conner said. "Even with Kristi being played by a real babe, That is still a new record low."

"Lets just put on some buzzfeed unsolved." Tim said, carrying out his newly finished jack 'o' lantern to set it on the porch.

"OH! DUH! I forgot I brought this!" Bart dove into his backpack and pulled out what looked like the cardboard from a board game, a little work and scuffed up. "Twenty bucks on craigslist. Hope it was worth the money..."