08 || Tryouts

Hogwarts, September 8th, 1995

"That is it for today class, don't forget that your essay is due tomorrow and I expect one from all of you." stated Professor McGonagall as she dismissed the class. Ivy gathered her things and left the classroom with Hermione as the two headed to the Great Hall for some food.

"Hermione have you started your essay yet?" asked Ivy turning to her friend.

"Surprisingly no I haven't, but I was going to work on it tonight later in the common room."

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to work on it together, I have one page done but I have seem to hit a wall and I can't think of what else to write."

"Oh of course Ivy! But can you then help me with the Divination homework, I am confused on a topic and you know I hate that class." Hermione said scoffing at the idea of the class

"Yes, Hermione I will help you with the homework." Ivy replied as they walked into the hall and over to the Gryffindor table where Ron, Harry, and Ginny were already seated.

Ivy sat down next to Harry across from Hermione and Ron while Ginny was seated on the other side of Harry. Grabbing a plate and filling it with a turkey sandwich and some salad Ivy began eating while the others conversed about their classes. As Ivy picked up her glass to grab a drink of water she felt two strong arms wrap around both of her shoulders and drop down right next to her causing her to spill her glass all over her shirt and robes.

"Hello Ivy!" said the twins in unison as they grabbed her on either side and sat down next to her Fred pushing Harry out of the way.

"What the fuck! Look at what you two idiots did!" Ivy yelled in fury as she pointed down to her now soaking wet uniform. Fred pulled out his wand and with a quick flick of it her uniform returned to a dry state. "No need to worry darling, I fixed you right up!" Fred said giving her an innocent smile and plopping a piece of fruit into his mouth.

"So, ready for tryouts today Harry? Heard there is a good lot of them trying out, mostly 4th and 6th years though." George said looking over at Harry.

"Tryouts? Tryouts for what?" Ivy asked curiously as she poked her salad around with her fork staring down at it.

"Quidditch of course!" the four boys replied in unison.

That caught her attention as Ivy looked up from her plate at everyone sitting around her. Slowly the two corners of her mouth twisted up into a slight smile as she spoke. "Wait, you guys play quidditch here?"

"Well of course we do."

"Fred and I are beaters."

"And I'm the seeker, all on the Gryffindor team."

"Why do you ask, are you a fan?" the three boys seemed to be very excited about the subject as Fred, George, and Harry started non-stop talking until Hermione and Ginny had to shut them all up.

"Yes actually, I was a chaser on my house team back at Ilvermorny." she replied answering their question. George then swung his arm around Ivy's shoulder and pulled her into a sort of side hug.

"That's brilliant Ivy, cause the team needs a new chaser!" he expressed excitedly.

"Ivy you should totally try out, I bet you're amazing." Fred said making Ivy blush a little. but she quickly hid it and just smiled back up at him.

"I agree with the twins Ivy, come to tryouts today right after school and we'll see what you got." Harry said while the others along with Hermione, Ginny, and Ron all shook their heads seeming to agree with the three boys about her going to tryouts.