→ chapter twenty eight

a/n ~ i apologise if the tasks seem a little boring, there's not much i can write because the story is in chae's point of view and they cannot see inside the maze :/

; ♡⋆.ೃ࿔*

june 24th arrived at last and chae still had next to no evidence that mad eye was an imposter. she was beginning to think that maybe she was just overthinking the situation because she wanted to figure out once and for all who had put harry's name in the goblet.

her thoughts were clouded as she walked into the great hall, the sun was shining brightly in the sky outside soaking hogwarts in its rays. chae went to walk over to the ravenclaw table when she felt a tug on her elbow, she turned to see ron.

"you're coming to sit with us" he ordered as he dragged the girl to sit at the gryffindor table where she was pleasantly surprised with molly and bill weasley.

"ah chaerin! i was wondering when you'd appear!" molly said warmly whilst chae sat next to fred and george.

"it's lovely to see you mrs weasley" chae said, a small smile on her face as she began to eat her lunch.

"i've told you so many times! call me molly!" the woman insisted, causing chae to laugh slightly.

molly reached over the table to grasp hold of chae's hand, holding it gently as her eyes scanned the girl's features.

"your mother told me about the news dear, i'm so sorry" she said quietly.

chae's eyes widened at the subject but she quickly composed herself, she nodded politely at mrs weasley.

"thank you molly, it's okay now" chae whispered.

chae looked over at harry to see the boy smiling widely, which caused her to mirror his expression. when hermione arrived at the table fred nudged chae slightly and nodded over to his mother who greeted hermione stiffly.

"hello hermione" said molly.

"hello mrs weasley" hermione responded, her smile faltering a bit at mrs weasley's cold expression. chae's eyes widened at the situation so she turned to look around the room, where she spotted sora sat with cedric and his parents.

she smiled gently at the scene, it was only a month ago that sora had ran all the way to chae's dorm to tell her that cedric had finally asked her to be his girlfriend.

"mrs weasley, you didn't believe that stuff that rita skeeter wrote in witch weekly did you? because hermione's not my girlfriend" harry confirmed, breaking the awkward situation.