Haunted Blossom - Prologue part one, Scarlet

SCARLET

I looked around the tiny room.  Theresa was supposed to look and see if anyone was coming.  I wanted to get out and into the bathroom badly, but someone had to come with me to make sure I don't do anything crazy.

You'd think they'd learn that I'm not the kind of person that would attack people after the first 5 years that I was here.  But nooo, they just don't trust me at all.

Ok, so I talk to Theresa.  So people can't see her.

So, she's a ghost.  

Oh, speak of the devil.  Here comes the lady I've been waiting for.

"No ones coming.  You might be able to slip out, but that Jezleen girl is out in the hall.  She'll definitely see you." she said.  I took a good look at her.  Besides the fact that she's transparent, she looked a lot like me.  She had long, white hair, just like mine, except hers was pulled back into a braid.  She was pale, and wearing a pale pink dress that had long sleeves and went down to her knees.  There was only one difference between her and me, and that was her eyes.  I had black eyes, black like coals.  Here eyes were azure, like the sky.  I scowled at her.

"You're fading again." I muttered, walking what would have been through her, had she not bonked my head.  I started to rub my head, then froze.  How had she bonked my head?  Theresa whirled around, not taking into account that she had made contact with my head.  She looked at me again.

"They're coming, and with those needles." she whispered, and I paled.  If that was possible.  I walked over to the door, and looked out it's window.  Sure enough, people were walking down the hall with the needles of what they called 'medicine' on a cart, along with a trash bin.  They never used the same needle twice, thank God.  In the very least, they were sanitary.  Hey, I think they're more insane then they think we are.  And that's saying something.  They opened my door, planting fake smiles on their faces.

"Hello, Scarlet, it's a pleasure to see you again.  Have you been seeing that hallucination again?" they asked.  They were wearing identical nurse outfits in a deep gray colour.  Oh, allow me to explain.  Theresa is what they call the hallucination.  

But if she's a hallucination, how could she have bonked me on the head?

"No." I lied.  I've grown accustomed to lying.  After all, if they think you're one way, let them think that so you can go on with your life.  They beamed at me.

"Good.  Now, we need to give you the medicine that will keep those bad hallucinations away, Scarlet.  Please be a good girl." they cooed.  I rolled up my black shot sleeve and held out my arm.  If I didn't do it willingly, they would strap me down to a table and give my the shot.  They've done that to so many people here, that I've lost count.  I've learned after the Billy down the hall was strapped down.  Everyone in this hall had.  

Well, maybe except those who actually have a major fear of needles.  Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Theresa shrinking into the wall, away from the doctors.  Was she scared of needles?  I would have to ask her later.  The doctors finished the injection and beamed at me, patting my head.

 I swatted their hand away, and they stared at me.  I looked down.

"I hit my head waking up this morning." I lied again.  I was practically feel Theresa's embarrassment, she was probably embarrassed and feeling guilty that she had hit me.  The doctors nodded and walked out of the room.  I turned to Theresa when they were out of earshot.

"How did you do that?" I hissed and quietly as I could.  She looked away.

"I... I don't know." she whispered.  To my relieve, she stopped fading and turned back to a semi-solid looking ghost.  She may be semi-solid looking, but I knew for a fact that she was now solid.  Great.  My stay here just got that  much more enjoyable.

Oh, allow me to introduce myself.  I'm Scarlet Lexi Nostrin, age 16.

 I am currently held in the Asylum for the Critically Insane.  

Please enjoy your stay in Hell, 'cause you'll be here for a long time.

***********************************************

Immortal here!  You like so far?

I decided that because things are going slowly, that I should start with the story.  Meet my character, Scarlet.  You vote?  Yes, yes you do. Or else.  >:)