gone.

35 | thirty five

It had been a few weeks since Kim's funeral.

Things had begun to quiet down and Stacey and Scottie's friendship had bloomed and grown rapidly. They became each other's missing pieces. The outlet they both had to get away from their harsh reality.

Stacey leaned against her locker, waiting for Scottie.

He came around the corner and smiled, stopping beside her and leaning his shoulder on the locker beside hers.

"You want to come round to mine later?" he asked and Stacey nodded.

"Yeah," she said. "I get to pick the movie though."

Scottie rolled his eyes but nodded in agreement. His eyes flickered down to her lips and he gulped, looking away. Stacey caught the look and took a deep breath.

She reached up and tapped his shoulder with a wince, making him look up. Stacey slowly leaned forward and ever so slightly her lips pressed against his. Scottie was shocked at first but then slowly kissed her back, his hand on her waist.

They pulled away gently and Scottie kissed her forehead.

"I think you might be the best thing that ever happened to me," Scottie said. "As cheesy as that sounds."

Stacey laughed and for once – she finally sounded carefree and happy. The last few months had struck her down hard...but now she felt like she was at peace. Like she had found her happy medium. "Definitely cheesy."

She pecked Scottie's lips again, liking the feel and put her hands on his shoulders.

She saw someone out of the corner of her eye and looked over. Axel was stood at the end of the hallway, arm around Scarlett as she talked to him. Axel looked at Stacey and then glanced to Scottie before looking back into her eyes.

He gave her a small smile and Stacey stopped her rambling, negative thoughts for a moment to finally give him a smile back.

She wasn't the girl he left behind.

Stacey Williams was the girl who finally left him behind.

for more follow tahliepurvisauthor on instagram