Untold Secrets of the Forest--Chapter 5

Chapter 5

As they walk through the threshold, they are immediately bombarded by a 3 foot blond hair blue-eyed girl. She runs up and jumps into Brody’s arms, giggling the whole time.

“Sophie!” Brody exclaimed, “What are you doing awake! It’s past your bedtime!”

“Mommy said I could stay awake ‘til you got home, silly!” she giggled.

Brody sets her down and she walks to Rose.

She tugs on Rose’s dress until Rose bends down to eye-level with her.

“You’re very pretty! What’s your name? Mine is Sophie!” Sophie smiled.

Rose smiled. “My name is Rose. How old are you?”

“That’s a pretty name! I’m this many!” she said as she held up three fingers.

“Okay, princess, time to get you to bed!” Brody said to Sophie.

“But I wanna stay and talk to Rose! Please!” Sophie stuck her lower lip out.

“Rose will still be here tomorrow, princess. You can talk to her then.”

Sophie seemed happy at that idea, so she took Rose and Brody’s hands and led them to her room.

“Can you help me change into my jammies, Rose? Please?” Sophie stuck her lower lip out again.

Rose couldn't resist her sweet face.

“Of course! Where are your jammies at?”

Sophie grinned as she took Rose’s hand again and led her to her closet.

As Rose got Sophie ready for bed, Brody stood back, amazed. Sophie never let anyone touch her, beside he and his parents. She hardly ever talked to anyone besides them. Yet she was here, letting Rose get her dressed for bed! She wouldn’t even let their parents do that, much less a complete stranger. Yet she loved Rose. Brody was ecstatic. He knew Rose was going to be a great mother. That reminded him of how he had to tell her about mates, before anyone else did.

Someone singing broke him away from his thoughts. He looked over at Rose and Sophie. Sophie was in her bed, underneath the covers, while Rose held her hand and sang to her. She was singing some type of lullaby as Sophie drifted off to sleep. Brody was speechless. Her singing had taken his breath away. He thought it was the most amazing sound in the world. He stood there, entranced by her voice. A few minutes later, he felt something tug on his hand. It was Rose.

“She’s asleep,” she mouthed.

Brody nodded and they crept out of the room, closing the door softly behind them.

He led her up the stair case, not stopping until they reached his floor. As he led her to the living room, he asked, “How did you do that?”

“Do what?” she asked, confused.

“With Sophie. She won’t talk unless it’s to me or my parents. She won’t even let my parents get her ready for bed. She usually only lets me do that. And she doesn’t ever talk to strangers like that.” Brody said, amazed.

“I guess I’m just good with kids,” Rose said as she shrugged.

He was falling more in love with her by the minute.

“Oh. Okay. Well, listen. I have something really important to tell you, but you need to hear all of it before you think anything about it, okay?”

“Okay, sure. Go ahead.”

He sighed. He was going to tell her about mates.

“Okay, well remember as we were walking, I asked if you knew anything about mates?” Brody questioned nervously.

“Yeah. I’ve never heard about them before,” she answered.

“Okay, well, werewolf relationships aren’t like human one’s at all. We don’t really date. Some do, but most don’t. At least not the way humans do.” He took a deep breath. “Humans date to find they’re soul mate. Werewolves don’t have to do that. They can look into the eyes of someone and instantly know. After they find their mate, they date their mate until they decide to get married. It’s basically what you call love at first sight. Well, when werewolves find their mate, it’s impossible to fall out of love with them. Sometimes their mate is a human, another werewolf, anything. If it’s a mystical creature they fall in love with, then the creatures powers will increase as the relationship develops. But the two are never fully mated until they make love,” at that, Brody blushes and rubs the back of his neck. “Werewolves would also do anything and everything in their power to keep their mate safe. It is also impossible for a werewolf to die alongside his/her mate. It’s been heard of that one will be able to give some of their life force to its mate, if it’s mate is almost dead. That’s why it’s very hard for a werewolf with a mate to die.”

Rose nods her head in understanding.

“I have one question,” Rose says.

Brody nods his head for her to go on.

“Why are you telling me all this? I have an idea, but I’m not sure if it’s right,” she blushes.

He stands up and kneels in front of her, taking her small hands into his large ones.

He looks down at the ground before looking into her eyes.

“Rose, I’m telling you all of this because you’re my mate.”

Her eyes showed relief.

“That was my guess, and I’m glad it’s right.” Rose said grinning.

“So, you’ll accept me?” he asked. He was extremely nervous.

“Of course,” she said as she kissed his nose.

He sprang up and picked her up, hugging her. He whispered into her ear, “I’m yours forever, Rose.”

She laughed and kissed his cheek.

“And I’m yours,” she answered back.

He set her back on her feet, both of them grinning the whole time.

“So, when do I meet the parents?” Rose asked.

“Now, if you want to,” Brody answered.

“Sounds great to me!” she exclaimed.

“Let’s go,” Brody said as he pulled her downstairs.

As they were walking downstairs, Rose stopped Brody suddenly by tugging his hand. When Brody glanced over at her, her mouth was set into a grimace and she had a worried and nervous look in her eyes.

“What’s the matter, Rose?” Brody asked, now worried.

Rose took a shaky breath.

“Brody...what if your parents don’t like me?” she said in a small, strained voice.

Brody couldn’t help his laughter. He looked back at her and realized she was more upset than before.

“Rose, sweetie,” he said as he took her face in his hands, “they will absolutely love you. You don’t have to worry about that. Trust me. They will adore you. Especially after I tell them about how Sophie opened up to you,” he said smiling.

He kissed her forehead. Naturally, she blushed. He looked at her lovingly.

“I love it when you blush,” he said.

He kissed both of her cheeks and she blushed again.

He chuckled.

“Come on, let’s get down there before they come check on us. They’re bound to have heard us by now...” Brody said.

Rose looked at him, puzzled.

“Wolf senses, remember?” he laughed.

“How could I forget,” Rose said, smiling, “My mate is a werewolf.”

************

So?

Comment and vote please! Tell me what you think!

It would mean the world to me if you guys just did that!