Twist of Fate

Hey my party people(:
So I'm at my friend Barbie's house right now with mi otra amiga Erika(:
We're making a video for English class and it's SO FREAKING FUNNY!!  Erika is abusive though lol! She's beating the crap out of me! >.< LITERALLY! I'm like, you didn't have to be so rough lol!

Anyway. New chap and I'm dedicating this to ClarissaSmithBurns BECAUSE SHE WAS MY 100 FAN! I HAVE OVER 100 FANS NOW GUYS(:!!!  Doesn't seem like a lot but it makes me really happy. Thanks chika<3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know."

I waited for him to reply but when he made no move to I walked to him instead and lifted my hand to touch him. He flinched away from me. I froze. He flinched from me...I kept a straight face but on the inside there was a hammer nailing nails into my heart. I retracted my hand to my side and looked at his face. He wouldn't meet my eyes.

I won't tell him how much he had just hurt me. I'm not going to show him how much he just hurt me. He was scared of me. Ace thought I was a monster.

"This is who I am, Ace. I am who I am because of who I was. Yes, I was a rogue. Yes, I was one was one of them. But there's also a reason that I'm here now. With you." I sighed and swallowed my pride. "I'm sorry."

Tucking my hair behind my ear I turned around and left him. I'd give him time to think. As I walked through the forest I felt something inside me stir. Some things actually. I was angry that he judged me,  emotional that he was scared of me...confused on what to do next. I've never felt so....weak and awkward in my own skin before.

Each step I took away from my mate was like taking a step deeper into quicksand. The more steps taken the harder it was getting to move and the more panicked I grew. A look of disgust found it's way to my face as I thought of everything I had once stood for. Ace was right. I had been a monster. I had been the worst kind of rogue there'd been. Almost as bad as Jericho...

As soon as the bar came back into view I immediately slipped a smile on my face, masking my sorrow. Walking my way up to the bar I saw everyone sitting there, eating, laughing and just having a good time. Even Aria and Richard weren't fighting. Sitting myself down in between Cris and Keegan he wrapped an arm around my shoulders and Cris put a hand on my thigh, giving me a reassuring pat.

Keegan leaned in and put his lips to my hear. He spoke so softly that I almost missed what he said. "He'll come around."

Oh, he would do more than come around. As soon as he got on his knees and begged for my forgiveness I was going strip him and hang him upside down from a tree.

"How did you deal with his crap for so many years?" He gave me a sad smile and shrugged.

"He is pretty emotional huh?" He gave out a little laugh. "Well, with great patience and more energy that I have to give sometimes."

Loving him is exhausting, Keegan.

He was silent for a few minutes before he began talking again. "I'll tell you what, I've grown up a lot since you came to our pack, and if there's anything I've learned about love it's that I was wrong about it." My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. I didn't know where was a right and wrong way to love a person as long as it was pure. What did Keegan mean?

"Your good for him, Sage. You help him grow and learn and be a better person. He was a walking Zombie after Jakob left and you've done something I've been trying to do for a long time now....you've made him feel again. You've made him feel something other than pain and anger. Which is why I think it's time I move on from him." I felt my heart squeeze. Cupping the side of his face I leaned in to give him a small peck on the cheek.

I'll tell you what. If Ace had gone gay you two would have been the hottest couple ever.

I saw a small blush creep it's way up to his cheeks. His eyes met mine and I saw something in his eyes that made me realize I should run. I started to turn in my seat but it was to late. Keegan had me in a head lock and was giving me and biggest noogie of my life. I yelled in protest.

"My hair! My beautiful golden locks of sexiness! KEEGAN!" He gave out a heartfelt laugh.

"Say what? You love this?! But Sage, your going to end up looking like a troll!" That reminded me of when I went bungee jumping with Ace. I smirked, he thought trolls were kinky. Bring on the troll hair!

After what felt like hours Keegan finally let go of my head. My fingers trembled as I slowly brought my hands up to feel the damage he'd done to my strands. Lowering my finger I felt the top of head and sighed with relief. I could fix this with a brush. I glared at Keegan when he burst out laughing. I lifted my fist and gave him a girly punch in the arm. I didn't want to hurt him.