Oh Sherlock

Trudging up to Sherlock's flat I suddenly hear yelling. Quickly I open the door to find Sherlock yelling at whoever is on the other side of his phone call. He makes flailing motion swith his arms towards his chair while looking at me desperately. I raise an eyebrow, and look at his chair. To my surprise there is a tiny white kitten, snuggled up in Sherlock's scarf, on his chair. Carefully, I tiptoe over to the kitten. I start to pet it's soft fur, it can't be more than 5 weeks old.

"Don't touch it!" My bother yells loudly startling the kitten awake. I glare at my brother.

"It's only a kitten Sherlock." I calmly reply, just as John comes bounding up the steps and into the flat, panting in exhaustion.

"Hi John." I quickly greet, as he looks at the kitten.

"Sherlock." John grumbles, shaking his head. Heavy and quick footsteps come into the flat, looking up I see none other than an out of breath Detective Inspector Lestrade.

"What is it?!" Lestrade urgently asks, and in response Sherlock simply points to the kitten in disgust. The Detective sighs, and grumbles something about maximum backup right at I hear police sirens and a helicopter.

"You called more police?" I query in disbelief.

"He said it was an emergency, and a deathly threat to him." He sighs.

"Well go on, get it out of here." Sherlock gestures impantiently at the kitten. John looks at Sherlock in exhaustion.

"Sherlock, you said it was urgent, this is not urgent. It's just a little kitten."

"So that's what it is." Sherlock mutters to himself.

"You don't know what a kitten is?!" Lestrade remarks. And Sherlock mutters more to himself.

"Sherlock, just to let you know I put this kitten in your flat, I thought you would be needing som- Oh, hello everyone." Ms. Hudson walks in on us all, and turns back around to go back to whatever she was doing before.

"You have to keep it Sherlock, Ms. Hudson gave it to you." I state, and he shakes his head quickly.

"No! I don't even know wha- why is it moving!?!" He exclaims pointing to the kitten in alarm, I look back to it, to see that it's decided to get up and walk around.

"Sherlock it's a living thing, it does as it pleases." John puts his head in his hands, Lestrade walks out of the flat, leaving us to deal with Sherlock.

"It's an It." Sherlock states pointedly.

"Your scarfs an it, yet you don't complain about it." I put in.

"It doesn't move around of its own accord!"

"Your keeping it, no other option." John states as he leaves the flat, leaving me alone with my brother.

"You're going to be my flatmate again sister dear."

"And why would you think that?" I cross my arms.

"I don't think you would want this thing dying, or becoming an experiment, would you?" He smirks, and I scowl at him.

"Fine, but I get to name it, and you will like it."

"Bu-"

"There isn't an argument to be made, this is the deal, fair and square."

"Fine, so what's its name." Sherlock huffs, and I look at the white puffball in thought.

"Her name is Ivory." I smile at the newly named kitten.

"And how would you knew it's a she?"

"Gut feeling but, I'll take her to the veterinarians tomorrow."

"Fine."

"Her name is Ivory, and you will call her that Sherlock."

"It is not mine."

"Ms. Hudson gave you Ivory."

"Sure, she gave me it that doesn't mean I can't give it back."

"She has a name."

"Fine." He goes and slumps into his chair, Ivory promptly crawls into his lap, and to my surprise Sherlock slowly starts to pet her. I smile warmly and leave the room, but only to peek around the corner to see what he's doing, since I heard him start talking right as I left. What I see is a surprise; Sherlock's smiling warmly down at Ivory and talking to her.

A/N Nothing excuses me for not writing, and I'm sorry, so, so sorry. I just haven't gotten to it and I've been putting it off. But I hope you guys enjoy this cute little chapter!