Fear of water

"How is the sea like in your country?" I glanced at him and smiled. 

I am not sure how to answer that. "Different." I said. I dipped my feet into the water and enjoyed the cool strangeness of it. I like the beach. Mr. Ryu helped me stand while I slowly sifted downwards.

"Do you want to go to home?" I smiled. I didn't want to leave yet. I wanted to see how far the ocean went. I took several steps forward and the water was up to my shoulders. I moved forward and slipped on something moving below. 

"Kisa can you swim?" I took a step forward and there was a sudden drop and I fell deeper into the water.

I thrashed. I can't breathe! I thrashed harder and harder until I felt strong arms pull me out.

I coughed and coughed until finally I could breathe. "Don't ever do that again! You shouldn't do that unless you can swim understand?"

I nodded and continued to cough against the burning of my throat. I gave him a weak smile and he dragged me into a small market place and he bought me some water to wash out the taste of salt in my mouth. 

when we went back to the beach I shuddered at the sight of it. Drowning is awful. I can't stand not being able to breathe. 

fear. 

It course through my veins and caused my heart to pound uneasily.

When I was back at granny's i avoided any and all reminders of the beach. IF it was sea shells I would see them but, not the salt water in jars or other things.

I asked granny if she could swim while I switched into a different set of celestial robes. I washed them with a scented square called soap.

I went to see Mia and Lia and Mr. Ryu often but, so far I haven't seen hide nor hair of the king nor do I want to. In my eyes he seemed reasonable but, I am still new to earth afterall. What would I know?

I helped Lia and Mia move out of the castle and they live in a cottage near us now. I was surprised when Mr. Ryu said that he would stop working for the castle guard. He lives in the house across from ours and according to Granny he did it so he can see me on the days that I didn't see Lia and Mia.

When Mia declared that she was going to marry Lia everyone was surprised. Even lia. 

When I asked her about it she only smiled.

"You will understand what I mean when you fall in love with Ryu and want to tie him to you."

I cocked my head to the side.

Granny and Mia had a very suspicious gleam in their eyes that made me think of a pack of wolves planning to eat a rabbit.