Brea Gi

The sea lapped against my feet as I ran across the empty beach, except for a few couples looking off into the stunning sunset that I would be delighted to gaze at if only I had the time.

      My Larka flew beside me in the form of a sea gull. He landed on the top of my tangled scarlet curls and pecked my head. I turned my large green eyes to look up at Gi.

     “Get off my head Gi. We have to get to Mo’s house before tonight. She’s expecting us!” Gi stomped his claws on my scalp.

     “Gi! Stop it! Fly like a bird, you’re taking the form of one anyway! And we cannot be seen like you’re my Larka! This is a human beach and they think that you are attacking me! Gi they’re looking at us!” I whisper shouted through my teeth. Gi squawked and leaped off my head, taking flight.

     I could see Mo’s giant house off of the edge of the Florida Keys. I had a little more running to do.

*****************************************

     We finally reached Mo’s mansion as the moon was replacing the sun in the sky. I reached up and pulled the doorbell latch and I entered my fingerprint on the slot. The door swung open and I padded towards the kitchen. Gi took the form of Mo’s favorite animal, the Capybara, and waddled behind me.

     “Mo? Where are you? Were here!” I called into the house, nibbling on my thumbnail.

     A door creaked open and Mo, the most frightening yet amazing ruler of the Faerie                 world stepped out wearing a blindingly blue cloak over a black unitard. On his feet he wore purple socks and nothing else. His wrist bared a bright-gold bracelet.

Good, he’s in a good mood. Don’t screw this up Brea.

“Mo! Hello. How are you?” I asked, approaching the majestic leader. He put his hand up in a stop sign and I couldn’t move a finger.

“Come to the kitchen. We will then discuss the point of my bringing you here.” He unfroze me and I nodded vigorously.

“Yes Mo.”

     I followed a small distance away from Mo to the tidy kitchen.

     “Sit.”

I instantly dropped into a velvet chair, Gi standing next to me on the tiled floor.

     “I see you haven’t hit the surgery age yet.” Mo said in a calm voice, eying Gi.

     “Oh yes I did Mo. I chose to keep Gi. Were great friends. I would be devastated without him.” I answered hurriedly. I would never force Gi back into my body like the humans.

     “You realize that is quite a dangerous decision Brea. You have double the possibility of dieing.” He said in his deep voice.

     “I realize this. But I came here for your meeting. What was it you would like to say Mo?” I replied in a businesslike tone.

     “I would like to start your training. I see full potential in you Brea. If you allow this, I would like to change your future training schedule to this May instead of next September, and instead of being trained at Linefield Training like the past years, you will be transferred to Parlin Academy. Your classes will be more dangerous and fast, you have to use your skills to the top and you may be sent on quests during the year. Do you accept?”

     I must have been dreaming. I was invited to Parlin? The most amazing academy in the whole Faerie world? That only a few hundred amazing Faeries got into? I saw little black dots appear in front of my eyes. I shook my head vigorously.

     “Yes! I accept! Oh my god! Thank you so much!”

     Mo chuckled and put out his hand. I grinned and grasped his in mine, and shook.

     “Thanks again Mo!” I said standing up.

     “We’ll send you a letter saying the items you will need to purchase to attend out academy. Thank you and I will see you in may.”