8

this is quite a fast-paced story😳
•••

I flattened out any wrinkles that were in my red dress, walking away from the mirror and grabbing my jewelled heels. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest for some reason, my palms becoming clammy at the mere thought of having to go on this stupid date.

What the hell was Niklaus planning? There was no way that he was doing this from the kindness of his heart—there had to be more to it... right? Either that or I was a paranoid little bitch and had to sit the hell down and relax.

"Kiara," Tamara called from my bedroom, where she had decided to plant herself two hours ago when I first started getting ready. "I have an important question and you have to answer honestly."

I poked my head out of the washroom, raising an eyebrow. "What's up?"

"Is he good in bed?" A smirk grew across her face and I rolled my eyes, ignoring the heat that I could feel pouring into my cheeks. "Yes? No? Maybe so?"

"He's alright," I lied, shaking my head to myself as I recalled the memory of earlier this morning; him on top of me, between my legs, under me—the man had the stamina of a horse when it came to sex, and Lord, did he hang like one, too. "I mean... I've had better."

You mean Murphy? My subconscious spoke up. The man was a solid 3 compared to Niklaus.

That's very true.

"Liar," Tamara laughed, shaking her head. "You're so red you look like a tomato, Kiara. It's okay to admit that you might have teeny-tiny feelings for Mr. Saint-Clair."

Tamara opened a magazine just when I glared at her, shaking my head to myself before walking back into the washroom. I could hear her faint chuckle but I ignored her this time, pushing my hair out of my face and sighing softly.

A knock at the door stopped me from moving entirely. My eyes grew and I walked out once more, noticing that Tamara was already gone. Oh, God, he was here. Do I look okay? Am I overdressed? Maybe I should put on more makeup—

Oh my Lord, was I really beginning to ramble in my mind about this? I groaned to myself, walking out of my bedroom and hearing Tamara interrogating Niklaus about the night he had planned.

"... And exactly how long do you plan on keeping her until?" She asked him, and I could only imagine the stupid smirk on his face as she asked that.

"I was actually planning to bring her back to my place for tonight," Niklaus responded, making my eyes roll.

"I see," Tamara hummed. "May I ask where you're going tonight?"

"None of your business, Tamara," I spoke up, walking down the small steps and pulling my dress down. My stare tried to meet Niklaus's but he was too busy staring at my attire, biting his lip.

"Surprised you didn't show up in sweats and a tee-shirt, kitten," Niklaus teased, finally meeting my gaze, "considering how badly you wanted to get out of going out tonight."

"A girl's always gotta look good, St. Clair," I told him, too scared to take another step towards him in worries that he would throw me over his shoulder and take me away. And that I would let him...