another domino falls

fyi kinda teen-rated (sex work, underage sex worker, mentions of sex/stripping, nothing explicit tho) 

*

"A strip club, really? Could you get anymore cliché?" Harley complains, rolling his eyes in good nature. It's his older cousin's bachelor party that he was barely invited to, needing a fake ID to even participate.

His cousin laughs, slinging an arm around his shoulders. "Come on, Harls, I'll get you a beer but only one because your mama would kill me if I brought you home drunk."

Once he gets his beer, he finds a spot to sit down, not wanting to be in the way if his cousin and the others want to do more adult things here. He knows he's going to be seen as a little kid in their eyes, he doesn't want to make them uncomfortable.

"Anything I can do for you, sweetheart?"

Harley looks up and his jaw falls open. A very pretty boy stands before him, all wide doe-brown eyes and a sweet, curving smile. He's dressed in a pair of little, tight, sparkly gold shorts with a matching sparkly gold bowtie. He's got gold glitter on his body too, making the gorgeous planes of his pale skin shine on the nightclub's lights. His brown hair is curly and mussed, almost like post-sex hair.

"Oh, I'm good, darlin', thank you," Harley says, trying to be as respectful of the boy as he can.

The boy smiles a little brighter, sliding to stand between Harley's knees. "You sure? It's only twenty for a dance, sweet thing. Fifty if you want me to yourself."

"Sorry, darlin', only brought enough cash for a few drinks. But I can spare a bit for an angel like you." Harley fishes out his old wallet, finding a five in the pocket. He goes to hand it to the boy but he wiggles his hips insistently, hands folded behind his back.

Harley flushes and slips the five into the waistband of the boy's shorts.

"Thanks, gorgeous. I'll be sure to come back around to see if you've scrounged up enough for a dance, hm?"

"I'll see what I can do, angel," Harley says.

The boy smiles flirtatiously one last time before slinking away, hips swaying.

Once he's gone, intoxicating beauty no longer clouding his brain, he frowns. The boy looked young, a little too young to be working here of all places. It seems wrong, disturbing, watching the golden boy head over to a man that must be over fifty.

The older man smiles and grabs the boy's ass, dragging him in close. He's groping the boy who looks visibly uncomfortable being touched like that, but keeps the same easy smile on his face as he lets the man do as he pleases. He gets a twenty and a five in his waistband, and finally, he slides away from the man who slaps him on the ass.

"Hey, Harls." His cousin appears over his shoulder, following his gaze to the golden boy. "He try to give you a dance?"

"He asked, yeah, but I just gave him a five. I'm just... concerned."

His cousin rolls his eyes. "You're concerned about a dancer here?"

"He's really young. I don't know it's just a little worrying, isn't it?"

The golden dancer turns to look at them again, sending a flirty wink over his shoulder, and then he disappears behind a set of deep red curtains. Harley's cousin squeezes his shoulder once more before heading back to find his friends.

For the rest of the night, Harley only sees the Golden Boy a few times. He goes up on stage twice, dances for nearly an hour each time, getting bills in his waistband and a few in his bowtie. Otherwise, he just sees him in passing, watching him give dances for individuals or head behind the red curtains.