Chapter 1 Ronald's Collection: The Return to Spiri Raia

Voice: Woah! That was fast! Usually, you upload every week.

Azhure: Yeah, I figured it's time to try to update faster. But it depends, with a week being the limit to how long I update.

---

Spiri Raia

Year 904

"Spiri Raia," Ronald muttered. "And we're even going back to the same Bell Branch for my first mission."

"Yeah, wonder if it comes to a full circle or something," Joshua mused.

It has been five years since Ronald had become a Court Wizard. And much had happened, for better and worse. One of which was obvious.

SHIING SHIING

Both willed out their respective Cherished Armament. They both held an identical dagger, curved as it was designed for slashing in mind. The only difference was the colored pattern each had, it was respective of their Element Color. Though Ronald's still has the lingering light blue of its previous owner, Joshua has the same color.

Recalling it back to their Maneg Souls, Joshua said, "Let's get this over with."

"Yeah," Ronald agreed in a solemn tone.

And the two Court Wizards ventured forward towards the town of the Illyer noble household. Though Spiri Raians would call it a city, it was town-sized to the two modern city boys.

---

"You know," Ronald narrated as they walked. "I recall father telling me how he and his team were the first to contact this world, in this kingdom even. And apparently, they got attacked by the local deity."

"Oh that," Joshua said. "I believe it's the greater water spirit, First... Greater Water Spirit Aquarius... of Spiri Raia or something. Damn, what a mouthful," Joshua groaned, struggling to remember the greater water spirit's name.

"True. The water spirits around this kingdom had seen their arrival and reported to their matriarch. Then she just came down and attacked them out of the blue, thinking they were alien invaders or something."

"Hey, our predecessors were alien invaders."

"Oi, we don't talk about that," Ronald snapped. "Anyway, one of father's partners somehow convinced Aquarius that they were good guys trying to keep worlds alive and even made a working relationship."

"Yeah, but that doesn't stop her spirits from spying on us."

And the two eyed on a nearby puddle, where a bunch of water spirits, one glowing blue-skinned baby surrounded by tiny glowing blue wisps, were peeking their heads out of the water. As they saw the humans they were observing spotted them, they immediately scrambled into the puddle, fumbling into each other.

"Even though they could let themselves be seen if they want to, these little guys are really used to their invisibility that they don't know how to react to us," Joshua smirked, "Court Wizards are able the see them thanks to the Maneg System screwing around his world's Fantasy Law."

"True," Ronald added. "And by now, every spirit knows about this, and apparently the greater spirits told them to just run away if they saw our uniform and we see them."

"Yeah, sucks that we can't interact with them," Joshua said. "But on the bright side, we'll never get trouble fighting a spirit art user since all the spirits would already skedaddle out of the battlefield."