Prologue

Welcome to my very first Merome story!

I do hope you enjoy! It took me forever to come up with the plot line.

Just a heads up, I will be adding pictures of BlazingCanadian and Merome throughout the story, so if you have any fan art please send it to me! I'll give you credit for the drawing!

This photo was drawn by the fantastic MarshmallowFluff314

Go give her a follow!

Also, one last thing, a huge thanks to fangirler816 who agreed to write this with me and help me with the chapters. It means so much!

Now... on with the story!

<}???{>

The light blinded me as the door to the dark dungeons slowly creaked open. I brought a hand to my face to block out the light as the cuffs on my wrists rattled annoyingly. The silhouette of a man appears in the doorway followed by a deep, dark chuckle.

Two glowing white orbs appeared where I assumed the man's face was, and I felt my blood run cold as my body stiffened.

The orbs slowly moved forward, the silhouette growing bigger and bigger with each echoing step. I backed myself into a dark corner, wide eyed as my chains noisily raddled in my ears, the man stopping a mere two feet away.

His eyes illuminated his face, revealing an evil smirk as he roughly gathered a fistful of my jacket in his hand and jerked me up.

"Ready for your first day in hell?" I shook my head quickly, my eyes wide with fear.

The man chuckled again, his voice eerily low as he pried me off the wall, roughly undoing the chains upon my wrists.

I jumped at his strength, struggling against him once my chains had been removed, hopelessly swinging at the man as he held me close. He scoffed, staring down at me before looking away and walking off, my hood clutched tightly in his mighty fist.

"Your determination is surprising... I like it. What was your name? Mitchell?"

"Mitch." I spat angrily, reaching out and taking the doorframe of the open door into my hands as if to stop him. He glared at me from over his shoulder and easily yanked my hands free, continuing forward.

"Let me go!" I growled. The man just chuckled, dragging me through a long hallway, brightly lit by naturally accruing glowstone in the floor. I kicked at him, struggled against his force, sometimes loosing my own footing and stumbling after him, all the while growling a few choice words at him.

Suddenly, the man sharply turned a corner, entering a dimly lit white room as I rammed my side into the wall. He didn't care, simply dragged me to a table in the center of it all and forced me onto it.

He let me go and I quickly went to hit him, kick him- anything! Before any of my pathetic struggling happened, he grabbed my neck tightly, my motions ceasing as I tried to pry his hands away. He pushed my head against the table, a metal band wrapping around my neck before he released me. He then proceeded to tie down my wrists and ankles, my arms stretched as far as they'd reach, the same with my legs.

"What are you going to do to me?" I growled, glaring daggers at the man. He turned his back to me, walking to a cabinet and beginning to go through it's contents. He wore a teal t-shirt that somewhat hugged his form, though didn't at the same time. His legs were adorned with dark blue jeans, old and faded in places, and on his feet were a pair of sneakers, surprisingly not very old at all.

"You're my newest test subject Mitchell, but it's not like the others have any use to me. With you, I'll do what I please whenever I please, and your refusal isn't going to be cooperated. Besides, you care for your family, do you not?"

I could feel the color slightly drain from my skin. "M-... My family...?" The man nodded carelessly as he searched through the cabinet.

"Yes, I bet they'd be devastated to hear that their own son wished them dead." He muttered quietly, though loud enough for me to hear. Pulling out a syringe containing an orange-red, slightly glowing liquid, he looked to the label, though clearly didn't care what it was.

Swallowing the lump in my throat, I tried to relax on the cold, metal table. I shifted my gaze to the white ceiling, my breathing deep and somewhat heavy.

"Good boy- now sit still. This might hurt, but it's just a pinch." The man informed me as he approached. He stopped by my arm and gave the syringe a few taps, before flipping it needle side down and inserting the needle into my skin.

I winced at the feeling of the needle, but tensed and cried out loudly the second the liquid was quickly ejected into my blood stream. I could see the smirk on the man's face, instantly realizing the lie he'd told me.

The liquid looking like fire, and definitely felt like fire. The man stared down at me, expressionless as I writhed in pain, though he clearly didn't care for my well being. After all, I'm just his little lab rat.

The pain grew intensely until with one last shriek, I succumbed to the beckoning darkness, falling limp against the cold, metal table.