𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍|𝐓𝐎𝐗𝐈𝐂

MARA WILLIAMS

I'd left him alone for less than ten seconds, whilst I went to the front of the class to retrieve a small leather pouch of heckleshrooms and by the time I returned Blaise had already somehow managed sabotaged our Draft of the Living Dead.

"What the hell are you doing?" I hissed, almost throwing the heckleshrooms off the table as I snatched the knife quickly from his hands before he could make it any worse, if that was even possible.

"Umm..." Blaise blinked up at me innocently. "...Chopping the mandrake roots?"

"Can you even read?" I dragged my palm down my face to block out the image of my murdered mandrake. The boy was useless. "It clearly says crush the roots with the side of a the blade after coating them in gunpowder! Not bloody dice them!"

He shrugged unfazed, none the less staring down proudly at his monstrous creation. "Whoopsies."

"I'm so going to fail potions."

"Nah. Not a hope in hell, not with me as your partner." Blaise patted my shoulder in what I suppose was supposed to be a comforting fashion. I don't think he noticed my inference...
Blaise, you're the reason I'm going to fail, I thought miserably.

"-I mean just look at how beautifully even I cut the roots," He motioned to the brutality on the chopping board as if not understanding why I looked like someone had just pissed in my butter beer. "Snape would practically jizz himself if he saw these."

I struggled to hold down vomit, my lust for lunch instantly smothered beneath images of Snape jizz. "Wow, thanks for that image. At least I'm not hungry anymore."

"You're most welcome."

I wondered it was possible to obliviate myself to make me forget our entire conversation, but even if there was I didn't know it and Blaise certainly wouldn't either. Besides, I doubted that a spell that simple would do little to erase the deeply ingrained images in my mind.

I was debating getting him to use the Imperious curse on me and forcing me to forget that way... But then again I'd already been expelled for using unforgivable curses once, perhaps this wasn't the time to try out a second.

By the time I'd finished debating how best to obliviate myself Blaise had already somehow made our Draft of the Living Dead even worse.

"How the hell have you managed to get binberry juice on your face!" I threw my hands up in frustration, "Blaise, please tell me you weren't eating them..."

"...Was I not supposed to?"

Natural selection, do your thing... If stupid had a face, it would be that of Blaise Zabini, as I watched him try to wipe the mauve stains from his face.

"You absolute fucking moron!"

"-Oh well, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." He giggled nervously, shielding his face as I smacked him with my text book.

"What on earth were you thinking!" I hit him again. "They're poisonous!" Another hit.

"Well, I was thinking," He paused to wipe at his cheek with the back of his sleeve, completely missing the stain. "-That I was hungry, and I don't see what the big issue is anyways? Bears eat berries all the time so why can't I?"

The fact that he seemed genuinely confused baffled me. I hit him again with the textbook. "Because you're not a bloody bear you cretin!"

"...Oh yeah." He said dumbly staring down at his palms that were also stained with binberry juice as if only just realising that he wasn't in fact a giant four legged beast.