Part Sixteen: Multi-View

Melissa

I caught the hysterically crying girl in my arms before she collapsed to the ground.

I was still blown away by what I'd just heard. Admittedly it had all been one sided but from the responses that Sang had given, I had a good grasp of what her boys had accused her of.

Some conversation that had been picked up by them last night had given them the impression that the sweet girl had thrown herself at one of my husbands in hopes of getting him into bed or some shit like that.

Not only was I was pissed at them for treating Sang like that, I was highly insulted that they thought so little of my family. We were Academy just like them and completely understood the importance of trust and family. They had just broken that trust in a big way; they may not ever get it back if my men and I couldn't nip it in the butt know.

"Sang," I rocked her slightly as her hands clutched at my back. "Shh, it's ok."

Harry stood close beside me, looking on with anger and worry. He wasn't angry at Sang but I was sure that he wanted to go and kick the crap out of the young ones who had ripped at the little thing falling apart in my arms.

I sent him a silent demand to reel in the others so that we could all handle the fallout from this. Sang may not be a part of my family but I was sure as hell going to defend her like she was.

Sang

How could they think that of me? What had I ever done to make them think that I was like that?

I didn't understand relationships which guaranteed that I also had no idea when it came to sex. I'd never even thought that way about any of the guys and they were the closest I'd ever come to people of the male persuasion.

I was so angry, so hurt and so very broken that it took me several moments of absolute hysteria before I realised that I was clutching at Melissa like she was the only lifeline that I could find.

I wanted to push away from her touch but I could only hold on tighter as another wave of tears dragged me under.

Through my watering eyes, I watched as Melissa's husbands filtered into the room and stopped for a moment to stare at the two of use before they were waved over to huddle around Harry.

I was sure that he was telling them all about what they'd heard on this end of the phone and I felt embarrasment filter in to mingle with the other deluge of emotions that was currently preventing me from pulling myself together.

It was only moments ago but I could barely remember what I'd said to them all as they listened to me over their speaker phone. I knew that I'd been cruel but the realisation that they had again set me up and shown me how little they trusted me and cared for my personal boundaries had broken through.

Loud and clear they had accused me of breaking trust with them and it was the final straw. I may get myself into trouble but I always faced up to the consequences. When would they begin to do the same?