My chest reacted, it glowed as I could feel an emotional pain and heat inside like I pierced it unintentionally. On that same occurrence, my face burned unexpectedly and for a strange reason. Strange... good, strange. I don't really know what's happening inside of me, but as long as I'm okay with the sensation, do I even have to give a darn thing about it? Probably not.

Steven smiled lightly in his sleep, probably because of what he's dreaming. I smiled along with him, which is very peculiar because we did it simultaneously. Was it just a coincidence?

I shook my head and left the room. I closed the door behind me and leaned against the wall. It's such a weird thing because I have not done it before and it's not something I'm used to do or will ever do most of the time. I mopped the sweat on my forehead with my forearm as I let out a sigh.

This is really messed up.

THE FOLLOWING MORNING

I pulled the tray out of the cabinets and placed the plate stacked with pancakes and a glass of orange juice. I brought it inside Steven's room and placed it on top of the table. He's facing at the window as the sun glowed at his face. He was still snoring, wrapping his arms around his pillow.

"Steven, wake up." I sat beside him, wiggling his shoulder. "I made breakfast for you."

Steven turned to look at me. His eyes squinting, making constant blinks in irritation of the sunlight glaring upon him. He rubbed his eyes and smiled at me. "Morning, Pink."

"Morning, Sunshine. You must be hungry. I made a blueberry and raspberry pancake drizzled with maple syrup and orange juice to freshen it up," I said. But all I received was a furrow of his brow, his red ruddy face and his expanded glossy eyes. I did not understand why he did it. Did I say something wrong?

"What?"

He fumbled, "D-Did you just ca-called me... 'Sunshine'?"

Oh, shoot. I just said something different, didn't I? Sunshine, to Steven? This is going out-of-hand for me. My lips were quivering because of it and my skin hair stood on its end.

"What? Okay, I didn't say nothing!" I rebuked as I turned to face the door, trying to force a blush. I picked up the tray and served it to him, "Come on, get up and eat; your food is getting cold. It ain't fun when it gets cold."

"Yeah, just like when she never talked to me for about a month." Steven sat up and fixed the sheets, yet he frowned.

I titled my head, looking at him weirdly. "Really, you're going to pull this now?"

"Alright, I'll stop talking." Steven chuckled as he lifted the fork and knife and sliced a bit-sized chunk of the pancake. "Thanks for making this." He inserted the pancake in his face hole. "You didn't have to do it, though, but it's nice."

"Glad you liked it," I replied.

There was a smudge of pancake on his lip, which he hasn't removed it nearly after the course of the meal. He belched softly and chugged down the orange juice. Still, the smudge was still there. It was bothering me. I reached for my hand to wipe it off.

His cheeks getting all crimson red. "What are you doing?"

"Removing the smudge." With my thumb, I mopped the stain on his face. A few seconds later, I realized his facial hair was growing long. It made me cringe and narrow my eyes. "God, your facial hair deceives me, like I keep seeing John Wick at the backyard repeatedly."