𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁𝘆-𝘀𝗶𝘅

( chapter ) forty-six

( chapter )
forty-six

JAMES POTTER FROWNED AS HE
ran his hand through his already messy hair, pacing back as forth as he walked on the carpet infront of his door.

Sirius sat on his bed, staring down at the mirror in his hands, he kept muttering Cassies name into the glass, hoping that the girl would appear, the smack they heard just being the most of it.

"We need to fucking get her out of there." James said, his voice low as he kept pacing, his kept creating a small mark in the carpet on his floor.

"We can't." Sirius replied simply, not taking his eyes off the mirror.

James stopped walking and looked up at the boy, his face was a mixture of confusion, anger and worry.

He was worried for Cassie. He needed to know that she was safe, he needed to know that her parents weren't going to do anything worse to the girl.

He had a sick feeling in his stomach, the feeling that something was seriously wrong made it impossible for him to think straight.

Cassie was his girlfriend, he loved her, and to hear the way Orion had talked to her, and then slapped her, made his blood boil. He wanted to march right into Grimmauld Place and take Cassie to where he knew she would be loved, to where he knew she would be safe.

"What the fuck do you mean we can't?" James had a hard time keeping his voice calm as looked up at Sirius.

Sirius looked up from the mirror, a frown painted on his face as he met the boys eyes. Brown meeting grey.

"I mean, we can't Prongs." Sirius repeated, standing up and walking over to James.

"She would have said if she wanted help, if she wanted to get out of there. But she didn't. And I know Cassie, unless she asks for help, she won't accept it."

"What if she needs help to be offered to her first?" James said quickly, not missing a beat. Sirius looked as if he were pondering the question.

His eyes widened as he looked at the mirror, nodding, the boy opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by a knock on James' door.

"James, Sirius? Can you two come down here? We want to talk to you both." It was Euphemia, James looked at Sirius, and nodded, both of the boys expressions saying that they weren't done talking about it yet.

・・・☽✥☾・・・

Cassiopeia Black lay on her back in her bed, looking up at the green silk of the canopy that was above her, her eyes tracing the lines of the stitches for what must have been the hundredth time that day.

The dark-haired girl had hardly left her bed the past week, her body aching with every movement she made, even her chest hurt lightly when she breathed.