Chapter 7

Leo's POV

"What are you afraid of?"

Isabelle was sitting on the counter in her apartment. We were both eating apples, I was leaning back against the counter across from her. Her question threw me off causing me to give her a confused look.

"What?"

I asked. She swallowed her bite of apple.

"Are you afraid of anything? Or are you actually fearless?"

She smirked at me. I sighed and threw my apple core away and walked over to her.

"What kinda question is that?"

I asked with a slight smirk.

"I'm just curious." 

She said finishing off her apple. Her eyes suddenly went to the long scar on my arm, the past two months of being around her she hand never asked him about his scar, that was something he was grateful for.

"Everything I once feared I concurred."

I said looking at my scar quickly then back up at her. She smiled before she jumped off the counter and walked over to the trash can.

"So you really are fearless."

She said as she walked over to the refrigerator grabbing two waters. She tossed one at me, she then walked over to couch and waited for me to follow.

"I guess you could say I am."

I said with a slight smile I sat down on the couch and motioned for her to sit next to me. She sat down beside me curling up to my chest my arm rest around her.

"What are you afraid of?"

I asked causing her to tense up in my arms.

"It's a strange one."

She mumbled.

"No fear is strange Love."
I said. She turned her head up to look at me with a smirk.

"Coming from fearless himself."

I chuckled slightly at her comment. She readjusted herself so that she was looking at me, her hand playing with mine.

"You can tell me."

I said moving some hair behind her ear. She smiled up at me taking a deep breath.

"I'm afraid of dying alone."
She said so softly I almost missed it.

"Why?"

Before I could stop her she rose from the couch and walked over to the window, where Max was laying on his bed. She stared out the window, her arms hugging herself.

I made my way over to her and watched her as she stared out the window and began to talk.

"My whole life I've basically been alone my whole life. My dad was always busy and my mom died giving birth to me. I wasn't very good at making friends and since I went to private schools I didn't make many."

I listened to her talk as she continued to stare out the window.

"When I was 10 my dad bought me Max, since then I haven't felt as alone.  But the one thing I fear more than anything is that when I die, no one will be there." 

She looked up at me with sad eyes. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her on the forehead.

"Your never going to be alone. Not while I'm around." 

I said kissing her on the forehead. She smiled and looked up at me.

"But what if something bad happens?"

She asked with a serious look on her face. I smirked at her and placed a hand on her cheek.

"I'm not going to let anything hurt you. I promise." 

I said. She chuckled and moved my hand off of her cheek.

"Don't promise something like that."

She said walking away from me. Confused I reached out and grabbed her wrist pulling her back to me.

"Why?"

I asked her. She gave me a soft smile.
"Because that's an impossible promise to keep. You can't protect me all the time." 

My mouth opened slightly surprised by what she had said

"I could sure as hell try."

I said sternly. She smiled and placed a kiss on my cheek.

"I know you will, but don't make that promise. That way incase anything ever does happen you won't feel guilty."

I knew that if anything every happened to her I would feel guilty promise or no promise.

"Alright Love."

I said hugging her close making a vow in that moment that I would do everything I could to keep her safe, and if an one hurt her, they would pay dearly.