Chapter 3, #1 Bitch

A few minutes later, Anon was almost literally being squashed into an old, ratty looking couch that was stuffed into the corner of an otherwise abandoned room on the lower floor of the school. Zenza sat on his left, and Shazi on his right, the two girls giggling and laughing at some joke the other had told and constantly making sure they were pressed right up against him. He tried to extricate himself a little just to maintain his own space but then, once again, the canine girl laid a gentle but firm paw on his arm and he felt immobilized. All he succeeded in doing was sliding further down the back of the couch and them leaning in closer around him. What was even happening?

They had all begun to smoke, puffing on e-cigs of various sizes, exhaling various gouts of smoke and steam from their nostrils and making the whole room hazy. It didn't smell bad at all really, mostly fruity, but he declined taking a try on the one that Shazi offered him. He didn't smoke, and they seemed to respect that, even complimented him on it. IT would have even been a nice feeling to be hanging out with them, if Kenzi, their apparent leader, didn't keep her eyes locked on him the whole time. The Hyena barely seemed to blink, or even talk, just looming in the background and rounding out their strange trio of personalities.

Shazi was brash, loud, and sarcastic, full of quips and jokes that made Anon's ears flush, but never crass or vulgar. She had no internal filter, it felt like, and said exactly what she felt. He wished he could have that kind of self confidence, although from what she had said, it earned her few other friends, not that she needed them. What surprised him was that immediately after saying that, Zenza had leaned across him, squashing various soft, furry pleasantness against him for a second, to plant a kiss on the leopard's cheek. Then they both laughed and kept puffing. Shazi had had a falling out, apparently, with her old friends in the cheerleading club when she had refused to be the driver for a night of underage drinking. To put it in her own terms, "This girl wants to survive graduation, and that shit aint gonna happen if I'm dead behind the wheel while driving a buncha drunk bitches." He respected that kind of attitude, although telling her that had only earned him an awkward feeling nuzzling against his arm with her head, her purring filling his ears. "Thanks, little homey," she said. "You fit right in with us."

Zenza, meanwhile, had once been a starring member of the school's drama club, as well as a singer in choir. She had the look of someone born for the stage, but after her boyfriend's explosion and destruction of the stage props right before a big play, she had been ostracized by her former friends and bullied into dropping the club entirely. She even pulled a phone out from her bra, flustering poor Anon even more, and showed him pictures of her in various costumes, and even a recording of her singing. She had a lovely voice, and she had done her fur differently back then, bushier and yet sleeker. Not to say that she wasn't lovely now, but she combed it all flat and kept it shiny with product now. She still wanted to shine, and he could tell she really missed acting. He asked why she never tried to rejoin, or talk to a teacher, and there he understood a bit of awkwardness in regards to their third companion.

Kenzi was the daughter of a cop, an all-around upstanding citizen who everyone expected great things from her daughter, who just wanted to be left alone to figure out things concerning her own interests, although she said none of this and the other two girls had to fill him in on it. As a result, she became a wild child, experimenting, dating, and quickly developing a reputation as a troublemaker. And by becoming her friends, the other two had not so much suffered the same but garnered a fair amount of wary apprehension from others around them. None of them actively did anything illegal or dangerous, except for stunts in the woods and sometimes they graffitied the trains. Anon began to get the feeling that all three girls were just horribly misunderstood, and he could relate significantly to that. When Shazi stated, bluntly, that she had to pee, Zenza went with her, and he decided to stay rather than take the chance to escape.