Chapter 1: The Politician's Daughter

*** Hi all, here comes Chapter 1. I know there must be a lot of questions. keep them for the story as it goes by. and dont judge any characters just now specially Piya or Abhay. and this story or the plot is completely new with me and i usually don't write like this so bear with me if it doesn't please you and let me know any questions or criticism, always welcome. like my usual style, authors note will be before starting of the chapter and next chapter precap on end of the story. thanks again for the response. and just FYI, Abhay is 36 years old and Piya is 28 years old here.

waiting for your comments."***

Chapter 1: The Politician's Daughter

Hariprasad Gyan Chowdhury:

Hariprasad strolled in his garden again and again. should he call Abhay? no no, how can he call his son-in-law at this hour who just got married. Piya didnt even for once looked at him while she left the house with Abhay. she didn't even cry and she was ice-cold and that's what was worrying Hariprasad. He remembers the same kind of expression on his wife Mrinalini's face 20 years ago and then it happened. The same look he saw on his daughters face today just like her mother and he was afraid she will do something like her mother. it somehow always scared Hariprasad how Piya had undeniable resemblance with her mother in case of her hair, eyes, her character, her way of talking. She was a living reminder that Mrinalini isn't here and every moment reminding hariprasad of his deeds. no no she won't. but Piya was so mad at him. this was best way to keep her safe. he was sure he will protect her. Didn't he checked all his army background before getting him married to his only daughter? offcourse  he did and Hariprasad was sure he can't say no to him. His position, power, the only beautiful daughter of a powerful politician who happens to be Abhay's boss - it's like princess with the kingdom along with it. he wouldn't have said no anyways and there was someone trying to harm him. two public attacks, hidden threats has been enough alarming. next target would be his daughter and he was looking for a good groom for so long. there can't be anyone as good as Abhay for Piya. he is polite, protective, well-mannered, good looking, sincere, belongs to a good family and if he gets his daughter married to him he can always keep his daughter close to him and overpower their decisions as Abhay works under him and he can't ever be more powerful than him. in short, everything will be under his control just like it always has been and just like he prefers. on the top of that, Abhay is an orphan so it makes things easier for him. he still remember how bravely without hesitation he took bullet for him on the first day. Hariprasad is a difficult man and he doesnt get impressed easily but when he went to see Abhay in the hospital and thanked him. He replied in the most nonchalant way, that's for what he has been assigned to. to protect hariprasad at any cost. no need to thank. A lot of people asked him why he is getting his only daughter married to Orphan Army officer when the entire countries businessmen, industrialist and affluent rich families asking Piya's hand. He couldn't explain them how he needs someone who will always protect Piya. Hariprasad has made Abhay promise that he will protect Piya with his life till his last breathe. Those rich families will shower fame and money on his daughter but like his late wife Piya certainly doesn't seek money or fame. She is a rebel and she likes to do her own thing. But one day or other hariprasad's sins would follow him and somehow with age he has started believing your sins always follow your most beloved belonging and take that away from you punishment. and he needs someone to protect his daughter from everything. He didn't stop strolling until his elder sister and General secretary to his party Bhivabari  came to call him, "Hari, what are you still doing here? There are guests in house. Come we have to greet them goodbye. Stop thinking about Piya. she is no child. She is 28 and finally got married. now come." Hariprasad shook his head and followed. she is still HIS child and why all the women in his life has to be so tough.