Chapter 5

When we got back to Berk, I was basically steaming mad. I got off of Ashthorn and he cowered behind a building. I walked past Astrid and I knew she saw I was mad. Hiccup chased after me, my fists dug into my hands, "Luna, what's wrong?" I stopped and said, "He's the reason I wanted to run. I remember everything now." I looked back to Hiccup, "Don't try to find him if you see him again. He is the reason I was at that. . . Monster of a home!" I couldn't hold in my rage as I motioned. I turned back around and walked off to the cove. I hadden't known that Hiccup was only trying to help me.

     I sat down alone in the cove. I heard the roar of Toothless in a sad tone. Hiccup and Toothless were watching me. My hands held my chin in place, my elbows were laying on my knees. I sighed, my icy gaze was staring over the ocean. I looked to the ground. Hiccup walked over to me. "You okay, Luna?"

     I sighed, "Fine. I guess I'm just, a little sad that I remember him now." I said sadly and wiped the base of my eyes. Tears had formed there and I had wiped them away. Hiccup sat down next to me and patted my back. "It's okay. I'll be here for you. You can trust me." Hiccup just knew how to say the right things. I looked at him and gave him a slight hug, "Thank you, Hiccup." I don't know what, it just felt like, we were related. I let go and Hiccup set his arms on his knees, I looked back to the top of the hill. Stoik was there, watching us. The Thunder-drum Hiccup was talking about was beside him. They both walked back, but there was something about his face that said to me, he was hiding something from me.

     "Hiccup."

     "Yea?"

     "Do you ever have the feeling that, their's someone who has missed you your whole life, and you never knew about it?"

     "No. I can't say I have." Hiccup looked to me, his arms moved as he spoke and he looked into my eyes.

     "I feel that way right now." I said and I looked to the ground. "Stoik makes me feel like, he's missed me my entire life, but I just met him what, three days ago." Hiccup gave a giggle with me. "Yea. Dad can get that way." I was still sad, what was so strong with him? I don't know. All I know, is that as long as Berk was safe, I was happy.

     "Well, we might want to get back to the house before Dad gets more worried." Hiccup said to me as he got up. I got up, he lead me up the hill. Stoik was standing in front of the house, making sure everyone of his Tribe was doing what they were meant to, that was getting inside.

     When we got inside, Hiccup said to me, "Tonight, is Boot night. You gotta hold your nose when he gives you his boots." I looked confused and asked him just the same way he told me, "What's Boot night?" We sat down, I grabbed the cup of water that Stoik had left for me and took a drink and Hiccup watched his Dad and whisper to me, "Every time the start of the winter season, it snows all night. The children of the Vikings have to set their father boots outside in the snow so they can air out." I almost chocked on the water which made Stoik look back at us. Hiccup patted my back as I coughed. I sat back and sighed as I had coughed my breath again. "You alright Luna?" Asked Stoik. I nodded, my face was red now. "Fine." I said with a gasp and shooed Hiccups hand from my back.

     As Hiccup said, we had to take Stoik's boots out to air out over night. Astrid, Fishlegs, Snotloud, and the twins who I believed were called Ruffnut and Tuffnut did the same. We all went back in, I sat on the bench in the main room, "You coming upstairs, Luna?" Asked Hiccup. I sighed and got comfortable on the small plank. "I think I'll sleep down here tonight." I gave a yawn and laied down and used my hands as a pillow.

     Hiccup climbed up the stairs and I closed my eyes. I heard Hiccup's footsteps come down the stairs. I felt him put a blanket on me and slip a pillow under my head. I smiled and opened my eyes to see him climbing the stairs again, "Goodnight, Hiccup." I said to him. He smiled to me and said to me, "Goodnight, Luna." He disappeared into the room above and I closed my eyes, and fell asleep.