Midnight Mayhem Chapter 8

Hey guys, first things first, sorry for the way I left my least chapter I personally hated it and I'm going to change it when I get the chance but because I only have a short amount of time right now I'm going to just post this next chapter.

Second I hope you understand that things have just been really stressful and complicated at home right now so it's been difficult for me to post/write/etc. but I do apologize for making you wait so long.

Third - and lastly - Read, Vote, Comment - Vomment but not neccessarily in that order, anyways ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap:

   Rose, I need to see you, I don't like the way we left things at the hospital. I can't stand to be away from you, we need to talk. Have lunch with me Rose, meet me at the address below at 12. See you soon. I Lo  XOXO - Danny

   I felt heat rising in my cheeks as a light blush crawled over the contours of my face, tenderly stroking my face as it rose. What had Danny been going to say, what had he crossed out before signing xoxo. I knew exactly what it looked like he was going to write but I couldn't think about that, if I did I'd never be able to face him at twelve. Twelve, oh s***  that's in like half an hour. Grabbing the card and basket I made a dash to the stairs but was stopped when I reached the top. Stumbling as I tried to regain my balance I stepped away from my dad hoping he wouldn't see what I was holding behind my back.

        He took a step as if he was going to move past me but before I knew it the card was in his hands and I was spraweled out on the staircase trying to catch my breath while holding the hand he'd crushed to get Danny's card. There was no blush left on my cheeks as I watched him read the card. I was still nursing my hand when he bent down and pulled me up by my shoulder and pushed me against the banister. His eyes never left mine as he raised the card slowly; "What is this?" "I-it's a c-card.' Heat rushed by my head as I felt my dad's meaty hand slap my cheek. "I know this is a card girl, why is this Danny sending you cards? I thought I told you to get rid of him after his mom canceled our date." "D-dad I-I tried -" "Dad? Who's he?"

          I flinched as his hand whizzed to my cheek again but was suprised when he caught himself and instead of hitting me he lifted my head slightly. "Que es mi nombre Rosa?" Cowering in fear I managed to choke out the answer I knew he wanted to hear; "Miguel." "And?" "And I don't know who 'dad' is he doesn't live here anymore, not since I killed my mother." My voice caught on those last words, the words he believed so heartedly and the words he forced me to repeat whenever I called him dad. "You need to take care of this boy Rosa if I hear about anything like this going on again you'll be joining your mother in the dirt." With tears streaming down my face I responded wih a quiet, 'yes sir' before turning away and heading to my room. My dad used to be nice, he used to care, he was an overprotective parent but he was my dad, I have no father now, now I have Miguel.   

            Stopping in front of my mirror I glanced at my reflection. There was no way to describe my reflection, I looked like crap. My face had paled slightly since my encounter with Miguel and my eyes were puffy and bloodshot. If I combed my hair it wouldn't be too bad, it'd look less like a bird's nest at least. Sighing dejectedly I turned to pick out an outfit, I had to find an outfit that complimented everything about me if I was going to hide all the emotions boiling on the surface of my face. I settled on an outfit that showed my tomboy side clearly. I chose a light beige fitted tank top and began searching for my baggy, white WorldWhere dancing sweats. They were baggy but they didn't sag and they showed off the curves I usually tried not to flaunt. With about fifteen minutes left I made my way to the bathroom across from my room with my clothes.

        Pulling my hair back into a ponytail I washed my face and brushed my teeth. Considering I had just taken a shower before finding the picnic basket I decided to go without another one and instead splashed a little Twilight Woods Bath and Body Works perfume on my skin. Deciding my hygiene was well taken care of I slipped into my clothes and pulled on the dusty red jacket I'd decided to bring in case it was cold wherever I was going to meet Danny at. Taking my hair out of its ponytail I realized I would need to either a 'dump' Danny or b warn him about my father and beg him to keep us a secret. With my bangs hanging in my eyes and a choice I knew I could never make if it meant losing Danny again I left my house expecting the worst and hoping for another chance with Danny.