Preview: Marked (chapter 1)

George had always fantasized what his soulmate would look like.Whether if she would be tall or short, blond or brunette? Maybe she was super pale in the moon light or had beautiful dark brown skin that glistened in the sun. Whoever she was,George had always hoped that they'd be happy together. He's been waiting for the moment that they would meet, everyone talked about theirs, the first meeting. Even though maybe she didn't feel the same about it all...

See the thing was George had made a connection early on, which was a good sign, an indicator of a strong connection. He was 15 when he felt it open up. He remembers sitting in English class, scribbling a sweet little 'hi!' on his arm, the blue ink smooth against his skin. His little heart filled to the brim with anxiousness and joy.

The soul on the other side was sweet and eager, he felt the anxiousness and excitement through the first connection, experiencing emotions as if it were his own. His arm felt fuzzy and warm when it first happened, almost like he could feel the pen from the other side as if it was writing on his own skin. He remembers the feeling of awe when he first admired the marks,  only slightly confused at the chicken scratch which he deciphered to be a short and sweet 'hi!'

He remembers going home to his mom that day and holding his arm up for her to see. She questioned the writing just as he had. By the end of the night, all of his extremities were covered in small conversations, none of them personal enough to give away who they were but intimate enough for him to hold close. Things like favorite colors, favorite foods, what shows she watches, things like that. Through the chaos of appearing marks he managed to find out that his soulmate was actually two years younger than him. He didn't mind it though, if this is who the universe had intended for him to be with, he wasn't going to question it.

That was 7 years ago.

George is now 22 Somewhere along the way, things changed. His soulmate,eventually started to write back less and less. George would write every day without fail but he would be lucky to get more than three words on his skin.

Eventually his soulmate started writing small things like to do lists and he assumed song lyrics or some sort of poem. At first George would compliment these beautiful words, appreciating how genuine they felt, but whenever his soulmate would write back some sort of thanks, he could feel the discomfort through the connection so ultimately he stopped commenting on them. It wasn't often that the connection would open up but the times that it did, a whirlwind of darkness and overbearing sadness would flood into his heart.

His soulmate was in pain, and he could feel every bit of it. He felt helpless so ultimately he would keep his remarks light hearted, little questions or conversations in a pathetic attempt to cheer them up, it worked only half the time but he was determined to keep trying, because one day he would have his first meeting and he'll wait for as long as it takes.

A/N:  GUYS THE STORY IS UP IF YOU WANNA FOLLOW ALONG AND ADD IT TO UR READS!!