Chapter eight: Family jewels

I woke up still snuggled against the vampire I was starting to slowly fall in love with. The sun was just starting to rise and the whole room had a blanket of orange and pink hues.

I looked up at Alek and studied his face as I realized this is the closest I've ever been to him. He had no flaws whatsoever. Every inch was perfect. Everything I have learned about him so far I loved. I don't know how I got this amazing and beautiful man in my life.

I couldn't help but giggle as I was thinking about everything that has happened over the last few days. 

I heard a groan come from Alek. "You know staring is rude." He said sleepily with a small chuckle.

"I-im sorry. I couldn't help myself." I replied back as I felt my cheeks get hot.

As he yawned and stretched, I got a glimpse of his rock hard abs. Thoughts of me running my tiny finger tips across them and placing kisses all along his body began swimming in my head.

"Have you always been so... So perfect?!" Blurted out.

Alek looked at me confused.

He wrapped his arms around me, pulled me into him and placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. "I have always been a vampire. I was born one if that is what you were asking. But I am very far from perfect."

I scrunched my eyebrows as I started thinking about how to respond and all the questions I had for him.

Then all of a sudden my stomach growled. As I tried to sit up I felt weak and I quickly laid back down into the same spot I was in before.

Alek looked at me with a worried expression and got out of bed. "I know we need to talk but let's get you something to eat first. We have a busy day ahead of us." He mentioned as he was walking to the closet still naked. I blushed at the fact that he slept with me right up against him.

"This boy is gonna be the death of me." I thought to myself.

He finally walked out fully clothed in black skinny jeans, a grey v neck, and a leather jacket. He walked over to me as he tied his long flowy locks into a man bun. "I have something for you. I need you to come with me." He said as he held out his hand to help me out of bed.

I happily took his hand and got out from under the warm covers.

We walked hand in hand to his walk-in closet. He stopped as we reached the back wall. He placed his hand on the wall for a few seconds and the wall began to creek. All of a sudden it started moving on its own as it slid open revealing a secret room. It was the coolest thing I've ever seen.

I took a step into the hidden room and as the light flicked on showing me everything a girl could ever want.

My eyes went wide with amazement and I gasped at the sight before me. "Wow!" I whispered.

There were no other words.

It was another closet. Except this one was filled with beautiful dresses and jewels. At least fifty pairs of shoes. Skirts, sweaters! Anything and everything every girl in the world would dream about. And right against the back wall there was the most astonishing thing I have ever seen behind locked glass cases.

Two crowns.

Fit for a king and queen.

I walked up to them. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. "Ar- are these what I think they are?" I asked.

"Indeed they are my love. They have been passed down for thousands of years. I come from a royal bloodline of vampires." He explained.

I didn't know what to say. The queens crown was covered in red jewels. Rubies? As well as thousands of diamonds. It matched perfectly with the Kings crown. Except it was a little smaller.

"Although, this is not my original home." He added. "I keep them here with me at all times. To watch over them. Even though they have never been worn for about two hundred years they are still precious."

"They will be yours one day?" I ask as I still admiring the family heirlooms.

"They will be ours my queen. When that day comes we will have to move to the family castle back in Romania. But only if you agree to become one of us." He explained some more.

I had no idea that I would have such a difficult decision to make so soon. Did I want this? Do I want to become what he was and be the vampire queen?

Alek stopped my train of thought when he said, "This room is your space to do with what ever you please. It is where all of your clothes and jewels will reside. I am going downstairs to tell grace to fix us breakfast. Ill meet you down there. Find anything you would like. I also had all of the essentials brought to our bathroom for you."

I turned to him and crashed my lips onto his as hard as I could, nearly knocking us over. "Thank you my king."

He turned and walked away as I skimmed through all of the clothes before me. I found a red sweater that I fell in love with. I paired it with a cute skater girl style skirt and some fishnets and black combat boots.

Once I was dressed, I turned and left the wonderful gift my prince had left me with and walked to the bathroom. I brushed my fire red hair and curled it to perfection. As I picked up my toothbrush to clean my teeth I thought of all of the amazing things that were to come.

When I was all done I took one last look in the mirror with a smile. And I turned to walk downstairs to meet with my prince of darkness.

Vote and comment!