The Eagle vs The Crows

It wasn't the fact that everyone was astonished it was coming for a long time now, Oikawa sensed it back in prelims it's why his drive became ten times more so but the sheer will and effort that these boys have put in is now starting to show and take root in every player watching.

Underestimated.

Fallen crows.

Untalented.

It takes a few to move a thousand and it shows in their first years, Hinata shines as brightly and even more so than Bokuto himself, the sheer radiating aura about him makes everyone around him have that edge about them. The eagerness to do better and be better, you watch from the court behind the drivel of the TV crew and the commentators as well as the officials.

Everyone in the entire gym still believes in the old but true and strong Shiratorizawa ways, refined as much as they can be by their demon coach. Yelled inn submission and carved out like hollow wood, compared to the unruly crows that has nothing but everything to lose.

It was obvious to you that both Ushijima and Hinata had some words before this match maybe even before the whole tournament started. The beating of his drum, the intensity of his spikes, if it was any other team any other middle blocker he wouldn't be so cruel. Yet the relentless plays Karasuno has thrown at them has not only knocked them down but started a fire in Ushijima that won't be put out.

It can't be when such a player throws a spanner in the works, it wouldn't even be surprising if Ushijima at this point is playing to prove Hinata wrong. Simple and strong will never falter. 

A musing as a tragic comedy bestowed upon you, you watch as the very same team that turned their noses up at the rising team before them now lowers them in shame and regret as the colours of orange and black sway in victory.

A certain olive haired male sensed your presence and as if on cue you began to clap at his retired efforts, a certain funny frown donned onto his face. After knowing the male for some time it's not hard to tell that he wants to speak with you, raising a brow before looking away at the happy cheers of a certain small jumpy ginger.

"You came?" He asked guzzling down the drink. He had asked you to meet outside behind the gym most likely running away from his team to expel his feelings in peace and to most probably reflect on the urge to deck Hinata in the face. By no means is Ushijima a simple man, he hides his emotions quite well even if his team asks about it, it's the one thing he'll rather not say so straight.

"You noticed?"

"Not even you can hide your presence when you're sighted in a volleyball match, I guess you were right a team did come my way and defeated me." Shrugging as the soft winds unwind the strands from your face you look back at the unwinding ace and captain.

"When I see potential in a player I mean it. That also includes you, this won't be the last time you play against such players I'd suggest you start getting used to that feeling." Watching as the passing cars now off to their homes and the groups of players walking back energized from such a nail biter.

"That you are right." He chuckles the first time today, moving off from the wall you turn back to look at him for the last time.

"I'm sure you and Hinata will face off again in the future but for now be the captain that you're team needs, don't be too kind they look up to you after all." Tilting your head before turning on your heel to rejoin the Karasuno boys in the victory.

~*~

Simple and strong for Ushi Gushi Gosh I love that man