My Unhealthy Not So Wise Addiction

Start from the beginning

He was my addiction. My unhealthy not so wise addiction, but he was mine. He was my choice, and I could only hope that I was still his.

“Guys?” Jumping slightly from the sound of Leslie’s voice, I turned my head to her and took in her worried expression. “I think someone’s coming,” she explained, looking apologetic.

Closing my eyes tightly, I couldn’t help but wish the world would just cease to exist for a few more moments, or at least fuck off and stop interrupting my moments with James.

Then again, what could I really expect when we were standing on the stairs that led to a wing of dorm rooms?

Breathing him in one last time, I took a step back, mourning the loss of his touch as soon as his hands fell away from me.

And then the feelings of disgust and shame flooded my being, as memories of what Scott had done slammed into my mind with a brutal force.

Ducking my head to hide my face, I hid behind my veil of hair and wrapped my arms around myself in hopes of holding myself together before I exploded from the inside out. I could envision little fragments of myself splattering the walls and those around me.

I heard my name being called as if from a vast distance, but couldn’t find my voice to answer. It was as though I was closing in on myself; my mind rejecting what had happened and my body shutting down to escape all of the abuse that had been inflicted upon it in the matter of a 24 hour period.

Little dots of black were dancing across my vision as chills began to rack my body.

And then there was warmth again. I was floating through the air, my limbs felt weightless and limp even as my senses began to come alive again. I could smell him as his warmth seeped into the blizzard of despair that had overtaken me, freezing me and choking me in its frigid grip.

James had me, and once again I was safe.

James’ POV

I would kill him.

It was the one constant and prominent thought in my mind as I carried Christy’s limp body back to my room, and Leslie filled me in on what had happened.

I didn’t care that someone might see me, and I didn’t care that there would potentially be gossip and consequences if someone did.

Right now, in this moment, all that mattered was Christy and making sure she was alright. Then I would track down Scott and make sure he never touched her again.

I would make him pay for every time he had ever hurt her, every time he had even thought about her.