Chapter 32 - Roses

Ibiza; the white isle, the clubbing capital of the world, my spiritual home, and the destination for Rose and Dee's week-long hen party (as well as my birthday, but I wasn't overly excited about turning yet another year older

Ibiza; the white isle, the clubbing capital of the world, my spiritual home, and the destination for Rose and Dee's week-long hen party (as well as my birthday, but I wasn't overly excited about turning yet another year older.). Landing at Aeroport d'Eivissa, Rose and I looked at each other from our seats on either side of the aisle and grinned - we were home.

Arriving at Terry's villa, there was a moment where Rose, Dee, and I all gathered around Will and hugged him tightly. Terry should have been with us, pretending he was too old for all our shenanigans, but being the first to get the party going with music and cocktails. Will had been hesitant about coming at first - and he'd even quietly asked me if Harry minded - but we'd all flat out told him it wouldn't be the same without him. I had kept it to myself that, of course, Harry had hated the idea, but he'd hidden it pretty well, knowing there was no point in causing an argument over it. Will was our friend, part of our inner circle, the idea of excluding him just didn't make sense to any of us, and as much as he hated it, Harry knew that.

Because there were so many of us, Will had organised with the neighbours, who were good friends of his and Terry's, to let us use their villa, too. It was less than a minute walk, so it was a much better option than cramming into one villa or booking into a hotel. Rose, Dee, Iris, Violet, Honour, Mariah, and I were in Terry's villa, and because he wanted to make sure the other place was looked after (as well as not particularly wanting to stay in a house he associated so much with the man he loved), Will would stay in the other villa with Rose and I's holiday rep friends, Adele and Ffion, Rose's school friends, Fran and Georgie, and two of Dee's friends from college, Tommy and Laura. 

As the second minibus of people arrived, Will and I set about showing everyone to their assigned rooms so everyone could get settled and refreshed for our first night. Not wanting to peak too soon, we'd all agreed to a fairly quiet night at the villa for the first night; we'd cook a nice dinner, have a few drinks, and chill before what was likely to be a hedonistic week of partying. 

-

"Layla?" Rose called, coming into the bedroom I was sharing with Violet, as I unpacked a few things whilst dinner cooked. Finding me crouched in front of my suitcase, she looked at me with a smile that was both puzzled and excited, "Hey, there's someone at the door for you. Did you organise some sort of karaoke thing for us?"

"No." Frowning in confusion, I followed her to the front door where there was a very handsome young man waiting. "Hola?"

"Buenas Noches, señora. Where would you like us to set everything up?" he smiled, his accent more from Birmingham than anywhere in Spain.

"Uh... I'm sorry, are you sure this is for us?"

Pausing, he looked down at the paperwork in his hand, "Layla James?"

"That's me!" Nodding, I shrugged at Rose. "Okay, well, if you'll follow me, I can show you where might be best."

I led him through the house and out to the back garden. We agreed on the best spot, and I offered any help if he needed it, which he politely declined. He disappeared out through the side gate, and reappeared a few minutes later with two other men in hot pink polo shirts, carrying a large screen. Spotting the logo on the back of their shirts, everything made sense and I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear.