Chapter 1571 - 1580

After Sun Shihai left, Zhou Chen pointed to the seat in front of him and impatiently called out to Yan Ying, "Come over!"

Yan Ying threw him a flirtatious look and said, "Didn't you throw me aside a few days ago after working me to death? Anyway, how do you plan on dealing with Huang Xiaolong?"

Zhou Chen snorted, "Deal with him? He's merely in the God King Realm. Originally, I was planning to let him live for a little longer, but he can't blame me for my actions now! Let's not talk about him, instead, let me deal with you first!"

He then pulled Yan Ying into his embrace.

Following which, spring filled the hall.

......

Huang Xiaolong returned to his Dragon Tiger Palace after he left the Hall of Supreme Harmony.

On his way back, news of what had happened inside the Hall of Supreme Harmony spread like wildfire, and even Fang Gan and Zhao Lei learned of the incident. When they heard the news, everyone reacted differently.

Some were shocked at the frightening growth of Huang Xiaolong's combat power, whilst others were frightened at Sun Shihai's rapid advancement.

Discussions broke out everywhere.

When Zhao Lei received news, he was at Fang Gan's palace discussing matters about the selections one month away. Hence, they received the news at the same time.

The two of them were stunned when they heard Huang Xiaolong's antics and they stared at each other in disbelief.

"This brat! In the end, he still went over to register." Zhao Lei smiled, "Mid-Second Order God King Realm? That's pretty close to what I guessed, but it is surprising to see that his combat power is at the mid-Fifth Order God King Realm."

Fang Gan laughed, "Well, it's normal for young people to be competitive, but who would have thought that he would actually tease Yan Ying in public. Zhou Chen should be hopping mad right now."

Zhao Lei grinned, "He's indeed a cuckold now."

The two of them broke into laughter.

"Who would have thought that Sun Shihai would have reached the peak of the mid-Fifth Order God King Realm?! Isn't his increase in strength a bit too abnormal?" Zhao Lei frowned as he pondered.

Fang Gan fell deep into thought as well. "Something seems strange here. Could Zhou Chen have used some sort of secret art on Sun Shihai? Even though his cultivation base can rise quickly now, his foundation will definitely be affected..."

Zhao Lei shook his head, "That may not be so." He then smiled bitterly and continued, "However, during the selections, if Xiaolong encounters Sun Shihai, I'm afraid he will be in a lot of trouble. Sun Shihai will definitely not let him off easily."

Fang Gan helplessly said, "Once Xiaolong transforms into the primordial divine dragon, he shouldn't be defeated too badly right?" Fang Gan could already feel a headache coming.

As everyone talked about him, Huang Xiaolong passed his days as usual. He chatted with Li Lu and Yao Chi in his Dragon Tiger Palace without a care for the rumors flying around. In his free time, he would refine pills, research the Tianwu Array Records, or he would start refining dragon crystals, dragon pearls, and Fortune Divine Fruits.

His days passed comfortably and peacefully.

Deep into one of the nights, Li Lu and Huang Xiaolong sat on the roof of the palace as they stared at the stars shimmering in the night sky.

"Recently, there have been lots of disciples talking about you and Sun Shihai. The general consensus out there is that you will lose miserably if you meet Sun Shihai in the selections." Li Lu asked in a concerned tone.