Chapter 17 (edited)

Author POV

You and Ash were walking when suddenly you and Ash caught something your both eyes.

Ash:Wow is this-

But he was cut off by Hala who was joining you two.

Hala:That's right.The Z-ring you two now are wearing is the one I made.

He said as everyone look at the number of Z-rings collected inside.

Ash:You made them?!But me and Y/N got ours from Tapu-Koko and Tapu-Lele.

He said explaining with shock on his face as you stayed quiet knowing the two tapu can be great at tricking.While mew who is inside your bag giggling knowing the shock on Ash's face.

Hala:I thought that might be the case.

He said before heading to the couches.Once everyone seated Hala started to explain what happen.

Hala:One day,I notice that two of my Z-rings could not be accounted for,then I realize it was the work of Tapu-Koko.

Kukui:Has something like this happen before?

He ask wanting to get answer as you and Ash listened closer.

Hala:Yes and it was extremely rare about the guardians leaving to their assigned island.And it appears that you two have a strong bond.

Ash look confused for a moment until you interrupt his confused look.

You:Pardon me but my friend would like to get a Z-crystal.

This made Ash shock at what you say and finally said.

Ash:Wait your not gonna get another Z-crystal.

You look at him and said.

You:Yeah not for now.I mean you didn't defeat Tapu-Koko back from the last battle and your Z-crystal disappear.While mine still the same.I mean I defeated Tapu-lele though.

This made Hala shock while you show the Z-crystal you use before.

Hala:I have never seen a champion trainer who defeated the island guardian.

You nod and said.

You:Mhm that's right but I let Ash give a chance to get Z- crystal so it would be fair enough.

Ash:Its fine.And but I need to use it when I battle Tapu-Koko again.

Hala:I see you want to battle him again.

Ash nod as a yes and Hala continues.

Hala:Well then,if you both mind,I'd like for you to answer a question for me.

Ash:A question for us?

He ask confuse at the question Hala said as you look confused too.

Hala:I assume you now know that the people have been troubled  by a rash of wild Rattata and Raticate.Am I right?

You:That's right.They're the ones who caused the accident this morning.

This made Hala nod his head as a yes.

Hala:If you were the person being asked to solve this problem,what would you do?

This made you look up from looking at the ground as you and Ash thought about the question.

Ash:Huh

At first he was stumped at the question Hala ask and he finally answer

Ash:I know,I'll take pikachu and rowlet and challenge all of them to a battle and then-