ten

[UNEDITED][SEXUAL CONTENT]

        “So—“ I dragged out once everyone else had disappeared. I wasn’t sure what the hell I was supposed to say to her, I didn’t even know whether she wanted to speak to me or not.

        “I’m sorry,” Chloe rushed to speak before either myself or Matthew had the opportunity to actually say anything. “I didn’t mean anything I said. I’m not ashamed to call you my brother, you don’t disappoint me and I definitely don’t hate you.”

        “Why did you say it then?” I asked, noticing that Matthew was attempting to make a run for it when he thought neither of us were looking. “And don’t you even think of sneaking off Jenkinson. I got things to ask you.”

        “Why do people keep calling me by my surname?” Matthew complained. I heard Chloe let out a slight chuckle as she walked over to where Matthew was now standing, she leant against him and he wrapped his arm protectively around her. Even a blind person could see how much he loved her, regardless of what problems they had and unresolved arguments there were.

        “Firstly, it’s kind of hot,” I heard Chloe whisper and it made me want to be sick just listening to the two of them. Chloe then turned her attention back to me and spoke, “and, secondly, I was angry. You told me that you thought you saw Matthew cheating on me and you never told me. I hated you for keeping it to yourself and it genuinely felt like you were picking him over me.”

        “I never meant to hurt you. You had just lost your son and I knew if I told you about Matthew then it would break you and, honestly, I would never have been able to cope with that.” I sighed as I told her the truth. I had to deal with her breakdown after she first cut our parents out of her life, I had to deal with her when Amanda was ill and she didn’t have a bloody clue what was going on, and I had to deal with her when she discovered that she had lost her son.

        “Can I just point out that there was nothing to tell anyone about me since I did nothing wrong,” Matthew muttered angrily.

        “That’s not what it looked like from my perspective. It looked like you were enjoying a damn good bl—“

        “Yeah. I don’t need to hear about it,” Chloe interrupted me before I could even finish the sentence. I knew she didn’t want to imagine the two of them together, least of all in a way which was highly inappropriate.

        “Not being funny though, I never liked Charlotte and I hated that you were with her to be honest. So why the hell would I sleep with someone I hate?” Matthew asked, but I didn’t have an answer for him so I opted for remaining silent instead.

        I knew he was right. Hell, I even knew that he hated the girl because he never kept that a secret. He openly told me of his hate for her and how he thought I was a ‘fucking twat’ for asking her to marry me. I guess you wouldn’t sleep with someone you hated, not when you had someone like my sister waiting for you every single day.

        “Do you love my sister?” I finally broke the silence which had fallen.

        “There aren’t enough words in the world to tell you how much I love her,” Matthew replied.

        “And you love your daughter?” I dared to ask. I knew that he did and I was in dangerous territory by even asking the question, but I simply wanted to be sure that this what he wanted and that he was willing to fight for what he had with my sister.

        “What kind of question is that? Of course I fucking love Amanda,” Matthew snapped.

        “I understand you asked Chloe to marry you? For real this time?” I asked with a slight laugh, it wasn’t my fault that I found it hilarious that he actually wanted to do it properly, but it was also the thought of how they were going to deal with all the questions.