Teach Me

NOT ACCURATE TO THE BOOKS
INCLUDES FOUL LANGUAGE
REFERENCE TO SUICIDE
DRACO'S POINT OF VIEW

             I bolted towards her. Everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I saw as her feet left the railing. I ran faster than I had ever in my life. I watched as her body started to slowly fall. I had just managed to grab her arm. "Draco. Let go. Let me die. Please. There's nothing left for me." She said. I held on to her, and shouted, waiting for father or mother to hear me. I heard loud footsteps and heard father rush up. He grabbed her hand and helped me pull her up. We got her back onto the balcony, and I pulled her into a bear hug.

She struggled and struggled and tried running back to the edge, to just... end it all. "Y/N I know you're scared. You think you have nothing else to live for. But you have me. You have your friends. I know it's not a lot, but it is one of the best things anyone could ask for. Friends. It may seem like you have no where else to turn, but I'm certain that Mother and Father would let you stay with us. I know it hurts, and you feel like it will never get better. But it will Princess. I swear the sun will rise again."

She just stood there, crying into my chest. "I thought I told you to never save my life again." She said quietly. "I love you Y/N. you don't have to love me back. You can hate me for saving you, but I will never stop. I'll never stop saving you or loving you." She sighed and said "It hurts Draco. Too much."
"I know Princess." I said, stroking her hair. "It'll get easier." I said. "Draco, how do I keep living after loosing so much?" She asked. I sighed and thought for a moment. "Well, you live for something. When you live for something, staying alive gets easier. You just take a breath, then another, and another. No matter how hard it hurts."

"Draco?" She asked me quietly. "Yes Princess?" I responded. "What do you live for?" The answer was so easy. "Y/N, I live for you." I said. "I want to live for you, Draco." She responded.

"Sleep with me tonight Y/N." I said. It came out more like a demand then a question. She sniffled. "Only if you ask politely."' she said softly. "Princess, please. Stay here. Don't ever leave me. Let me hold you close and never let you go. At least for one night, can you stand by my side?" I said. I quoted my words exactly from the start of the year. "Okay Draco." She said against my chest.

             I picked her up bridal style and carried her down to my room. I set her down carefully on the bed and laid down next to her. I hugged her tight as we stayed up talking for a little longer. "Draco, why didn't you let me die?" She asked quietly. "Because I was being selfish. I couldn't live without you." I responded. She nodded. "Can you teach me something?" She said. "Whatever you want Princess." I replied. "Can you teach me how to love myself?" She said. I saw a tear fall down her face. "Y/N, I don't love myself either. When I look at you, I see this beautiful, kind, amazing, strong person. But when you look at yourself all you can see are flaws. It's okay to hate yourself at first. But you should try seeing yourself how I see you. You know I call you Princess for a reason." I said.

             I wiped the tear away from her face and kissed her. "Y/N, I had girls hitting on me every day..." I started. "You should've chose Astoria. She's prettier than me." She said. "No. She's not! In my eyes you're perfect.
You're like a goddess to me. I had girls hitting on me every day. And yet I chose you. Do you understand?" I said. She started crying. "I'm sorry. I can't see myself that way. All I hear in my ears are the bad names I've been called. Slut, whore, ugly, weird... Draco, the thing is, you only loved me when I started to get prettier."

             "Darling, I've always loved you. Ever since that day in the pine tree. I only realized it when I started to spend more time with you. I fell in love with you. Not your body." I said. "I'm sorry Draco. I- I don't know how." She said. "It's okay Darling. Just know that there are so many people who love you." I said. She nodded slowly. I kissed her goodnight and turned off the bedside lamp.

YOUR POINT OF VIEW

             I woke up with a pounding headache and a sore throat. Draco was still asleep, next to me. I heard a quiet knock on the door. "Come in." I said hoarsely. It was Narcissa. "Breakfast is ready." She said quietly. I shook Draco awake. He slowly got up and kissed me. "Good morning Princess." He said smiling. "Morning Draco." I responded.

             We went down to eat breakfast, and sat at a rectangular table. I sat next to Draco, who held my hand under the table while we ate.

             "Y/N, you know you're welcome to live with us. We have too much room in this manor anyway." Said Narcissa. "Oh. Thank you Narcissa. I think I needed to hear that." I responded. She had told me, ever since I was little to call her Narcissa. She smiled sweetly at me. "Do you want to stop by your house today and pick up your things? I could always have the elves do it." She asked. "I don't think I could handle being there." I replied.

             After we ate, we heard a knock at the door. Draco went to open the door and said
"Y/N, a man from the ministry is here to talk to you."

AUTHORS NOTE
...