Chapter 5- Dead Lady's Luggage & Third Wheeling

Magsimula sa umpisa

Wait a minute...

"Sherlock..." I begin.

"Maybe she left it at home." John adds.

"Sherlock.." I try again.

"She has a string of lovers and she's careful about it. She never leaves her phone at home."

"Sherlock..." I calmly try one more time before I lose it.

"So then why did River just send that text?"

"Well, the question is where is her phone now?" Sherlock responds crossing his legs.

"SHERLOCK!" 

Both boys look at me on the floor.

"Did you just have me text the murderer from John's phone?" I question him.

"The murderer...you think the murderer has her phone?" John looks between Sherlock and I.

"Maybe she left it when she left her case. Maybe he took it from her for some reason." Sherlock states.

"Either way, the balance of probability is that the murderer has her phone." I finish his statement, rubbing my temples at the headache about to form.

"Sorry, what good will texting the murderer do?" John asks.

Ring Ring Ring

We all turn our heads and look towards the phone. I back up a little in shock. John picks up the phone to see the number calling back. Sherlock smiles.

Ring Ring Ring

"A few hours after his last victim,"

Ring Ring Ring

"and now he receives a text that can only be from her."

Ring Ring Ring

"If somebody had just found that phone, they'd ignore a text like that,"

Ring Ring Ring

"but the murderer..."

Suddenly the ringing stops. And just as suddenly I realize exactly where Sherlock was going with this.

"Would panic!" Sherlock and I say at the same time.

Sherlock flips the Pink case closed and stands up grabbing his jacket. I pick myself up off the floor, grabbing my coat. John finally looks up from the phone.

"Have you talked to the police?" he asked.

"Four people are dead, there isn't time to talk to police." Sherlock responds.

"So why are you talking to us, then?" I ask.

"Mrs. Hudson took my skull" He replies putting on his coat.

A SKULL?! This day just keeps getting crazier and crazier.

"So, we're just fill-ins for your...skull?" I question, now confused more than ever.