I wouldn't have been able to pick out such a lovely dress if it weren't for my accommodating bridal party. Everything went swimmingly that day at the bridal shop, except for the fact that Liz and Yuuki may or may not have argued over the heels. However, after some smoothies, they came to a mutual agreement.

Sinon: Asuna!

My eyes snapped to the blue-haired girl in front of me, the dress she has just been holding moments before now fitted against her body. After her dress was altered for her size, I thought the cinch clips successfully emphasized her hourglass figure nicely, and I was glad she grew fond of it too.

Asuna: What's up? The dress's okay?

Sinon nodded assuringly before taking a hold of my hands and yanking me up from the mattress.

Sinon: The photographer is going to be here! You need to put on your dress!

I was suddenly surrounded by four more giddy bridesmaids, each tugging me to the wedding dress in the corner of the room. I laughed weakly, taking ahold of the off-white material once I reached it.

Liz: Oh, please, let us help you put it on!!

Silica: Ah! This is so exciting!!

Leafa: This dress is literally so perfect, ahh!

I giggled at their antics.

Asuna: Fine, fine!

I was brought to the center of the room as Liz gathered the dress with both arms and pressed it to the floor. Silica took my hand as I stepped in the tiny opening of the gown, and Leafa worked with Sinon to lift the bodice to my chest.

I stared at my reflection in the body-length mirror as the girls scattered around my figure, adjusting, pinning, and zipping up different parts of the garment.

Finally, with my robes beneath the dress discarded, I heard small gasps and squeals as I offered a spin to my small audience. And only when I caught my own gaze in the mirror once again, reality hit me for the second time that day. A loud sob wailed beside me.

Liz: You-You're growing up, s-so fast wahahhhh!!

Silica: Liz, I swear, don't mess up that mascara!

I would've laughed aloud if it weren't for the growing butterflies in my stomach.

Mrs. Yuuki: Asuna, dear, are you okay?

I realized I was blankly gazing at my appearance in the mirror and hadn't even looked up to my bridesmaids.

Asuna: Huh? Oh—yes! Of course.

I forced the fluttery sickness down, replacing my empty look with a tender smile.

Asuna: I love it.

Leafa: Hehe, Kirito definitely will too.

And like that, just a mention of his name melted all the anxiety bubbling in my abdomen. I felt my face warm, my smile turning shy.

Yuuki: Oh my gosh, you look so in love. It's kind of disgusting. Cringe.

Asuna: Shut up!

I pinched Yuuki in refutation, causing her to inhale a sharp breath and yelp in surprise. As she pulled her arm to attack back, a ringing doorbell bellowed in the room.

Sinon: The photographer is here! Stop fighting, we need to look like we actually love each other for the pictures.

Yuuki: Bleh, love is overrated.

Leafa: Why are you saying this on someone's wedding day?!

Liz: Remind me not to invite Yuuki for my wedding.

Yuuki huffed, glowering grumpily with her arms crossed.

Yuuki: You just don't want me to take the spotlight. No need to be jealous, Liz!

Liz: Jealous of what, exactly?

Mrs. Yuuki: Alright, ladies! Let's not keep the poor lady waiting outside.

I followed my mother's suggestion, realizing whoever was outside was probably overhearing all of us arguing from inside. I stifled a laugh at the fact Yuuki had raced Liz to the door, and probably in the process, scared the photographer half to death.

Suddenly, a quick glint was caught in my peripheral vision, stopping me for a moment. When I noticed it was the diamond ring on my finger, I exhaled a soft sigh. I'll see you soon, Kirito.