"Then kiss me."

A/N: Special thanks to VanilluvCoffee for beta reading this lmao this was fun to write, and it's somft spice so it's even more fun. Also, I renamed this book into something more fitting because this isn't just that one fic anymore lmao

Hearty and boisterous filled the living room as the two wrestled playfully on the carpet, their actions spurred from friendly banter turned physical.

There was no clear winner until George noticed a moment of pause in Dream’s movements from growing over-exertion, and took advantage of the pause to shove Dream lightly into the ground on his back, quickly climbing and sitting on top of him, straddling his sides to make sure he stayed put, his hands remaining planted on the center of his chest.

“Haha! I win!” George cheerfully called with a large grin, laughing airly for a moment.

“That wasn’t fair, you cheated!” Dream complained from underneath George, huffing out in feigned disappointment. He stretched his arms over his head and George felt Dream’s body move underneath him, and as Dream lazily ran his fingers through his hair and breathed deeply, George suddenly took in their positions.

Giggling nervously, George looked away from Dream and into the kitchen, where he observed Patches idly sleeping on the kitchen island, undisturbed by their roughhousing. 

And then suddenly the scene in George’s view was blurred as hands grabbed his wrists and he was quickly shoved flat onto his back, and as he blinked away the dizziness he realized Dream had switched their positions, and now was straddling him, his wrists being pinned to the ground by Dream’s hands.

“Dream!” George called out in surprise, “What was that for?”

“Payback,” Dream casually replied, his tone uncharacteristically low, his face leaning down and leaving barely any room between them. “Did you really think you could’ve won this fight?”

If George had been flustered before, he was totally and extremely flustered right then and there, George feeling his face beginning to flush with heat.

But before he could further assess his current situation, Dream was standing up and offering a hand to George, which was taken without a moment of hesitation. George quickly calmed himself down as he was hoisted up.

“I still won that, though,” George said. The two of them held eye contact for a moment, remaining silent, before Dream finally replied.

“Fiiiine,” he whined. “I’ll get the Chinese menus.”

George let out a chipper laugh. “You should know better than to fight me over picking dinner!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever,” Dream pouted childishly, and left the room. And while Dream left to get the menus, George tried and failed to desperately erase the new memory of Dream sitting over him out of his mind.

----------

George could not sleep. He rolled over from his back onto his side and checked the time. It was almost one in the morning.

Dammnit.

He had been trying to sleep for the past two hours now, but couldn’t, instead finding his mind plagued with thoughts, thoughts that revolved around one particular person.

The memory he had tried to erase earlier was still stuck on his mind, as well as other certain other memories gained over the past few weeks.

Like last week, when Dream snuck up behind George and spooked him, his hands lingering on his shoulders for a second too long. Or the night that George arrived at Dream’s house, sharing a hug before going to bed that seemed rather too intimate.