Chapter 48

A/N last chapter for Lucy and the whole book. And it will be short and I apologize. But it will be full of family stuff and love. Ya know. And then maybe I'll post a surprise ;)

LUCY'S POV

Family. A word I really didn't take the time to use, or understand. My family deserted me. I never had a regular family until I found shield. Their my family. Emma, tony, Brittany, fury, Peter, Gwen, Adam, Sophie, Bucky, Steve, Thor, Jane, Bruce, Betty. Their my family. I don't want anyone else. Sometimes the blood related aren't as good as the ones you bonded with. Sure, my brothers alright. But he's not family. I wouldn't count him as it. I love my life, my family, my job.

There's no place id rather be than with family.

Then there's love. Love. What even is love? I wasn't able to understand it at first but then I finally realized.

Love. Is unmistakeable. When it happens, you know it. You get this bubbly, happy feeling inside of you and you can't help but blush or feel like you want to faint. Love is a feeling you get for the person that means the most to you.

Which for me, in my case, is Steve. He's the love of my life and I wouldn't want anyone else.

My family is special. We're a bunch of misfits.

Some got anger issues, a metal arm, some red in my ledger thing going on, but that's what families are made up of. Misfits.

We were all made for a purpose. God, created every single one of us for a plan. He wanted us to save the world, and we did it.

We all have problems. We're all a little......different but no one is the same. What would be the point in life if we were all the same?

That's it! There would be no point!

There is a purpose!

Steve is my purpose. Benjamin, Irene, their my purpose. Shield, even tho it annoys me at times, is my purpose.

So in conclusion, family, is love.

Love, is family. And even tho were all alone at times, or it seems as tho we are, we aren't. Cause we've got each other.

And that's all well ever need.

" Steve. Benjamin. Irene." I called. The three of them soon came into the room.

" what is it babe?" Steve asked.

" come here." I whispered.

They all came closer and I hugged them.

" I am so thankful for you guys. Your my purpose, even when I didn't think I had one. You guys give me life. And I love you all for that."

" I love you too mom." Irene whispered, kissing me on the cheek.

Benjamin did the same and they exited the room to give Steve and I some space.

" I love you." Steve whispered, dipping me and kissing me.

" I love you too." I whispered bask, kissing him harder.

That, is love!

Love is all you need.

Love is what you always need.

And I've got it.