Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

7. Ignite

CHAPTER SEVEN - IGNITE

With Rosalie still on her arm, Lady Georgiana walked gracefully behind her mother and brother as they led the way down a long hallway leading up to the throne room.

She could tell that Rosalie was nervous so she squeezed her arm comfortingly. Rosalie looked down at their arms and then back up to Georgiana's face.

"Don't worry" Georgiana whispered gently as they come to a halt in front of a large wooden door which was covered in intricate patterns. Rosalie stared up at it in awe.

Two guards stepped forwards and silently opened the door for them.

"Your Highness, Her Majesty Queen Clarissa, Prince Alexander and Princess Georgiana are here to see you."

Although Rosalie's name hadn't been called she reluctantly followed Georgiana's lead.

The throne room was a place of dreams. Magnificent stain-glass windows towered up the walls and the morning sun caused strips of coloured light to illuminate the room. Rosalie couldn't help but stare in amazement at the luxurious surroundings she was in.

The white marble floor remaindered her of the thick snow that had once covered her Uncle's fields back home and how she and her Aunt had to go out into the cold and help him shift it all that day, only for another fresh batch to land the following morning.  

She lifted her gaze from the floor and looked up to see the King surrounded by important looking men. As the Queen approached, the King turned around and looked impatiently at his family.

"What is this about Clarissa, can't you see that I'm very busy?" King William said through gritted teeth.

"It happens to concern your children. As you can see, this is an important matter in which we wish to discuss with you." Queen Clarissa replied, challenging her husband's temper.

The King ponders for a second before gesturing for the men to leave. They bow before their King and once again as they walk past the Queen, leaving the room empty apart from the royal family and Rosalie.

"What is it?" He asks impatiently, sitting down on the large golden throne.

"Father, Do you remember, Abigail?" Georgiana began, looking up at her father.

 "Ah yes, the troublesome Abigail, stupid thing."

"Erm yes, well ever since Abigail was fired from the position of my lady in waiting I've been meaning to get someone to replace her-"

"-Yes I know Georgiana and I have promised you many times that I will find someone for you but at this moment in time I happen to be very busy with more important issues." Her father interrupted her.   

"But father-" Georgiana took a step forwards but was again cut off by the King.

"I don't have time for this, I need to talk to-"

"For once would you just listen to what your daughter has to say?" Prince Alexander interrupted his father this time.

The King stood abruptly from the throne and strode down the steps till he was face to face with Alexander.

"How dare you interrupt me in such a manner!" The King shouted, his rage radiating from his body.

"I don't see how it is any different from how you were addressing Georgiana, father." Alexander says walking away from his father to stand next to his mother who couldn't quite control the smile on her face.

Before the King could reply again, Georgiana spoke up "Father, I think Rosalie would be perfect for the job."

The King looked puzzled "Rosalie? Who is this girl you speak of?"